Product Owner - Payment Integrity & Encounter Management 6/5/2020
Commonwealth Care Alliance
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRODUCT OWNER - PAYMENT INTEGRITY & ENCOUNTER MANAGEMENT
Actual Work Location
Lafayette City Center, Boston, MA
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT TO US
Are you a technical professional interested in joining an organization dedicated to improving care and increasing access to healthcare for individuals across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts*
We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Owner to join us on our technology team. This Product Owner will have a unique and highly visible opportunity to drive broad scope of strategic product delivery and operational initiatives across many corporate level initiatives.
The Product Owner team is tasked with working with our customers and technology partners, internally and externally, to deliver successful technical solutions. The team leads efforts to identify, understand and document both current and new business capabilities for the company and broader healthcare market. The team is responsible for coordination and communication of status, verification and deliverables for all projects delivered by IT. The team encourages strategic partnership with each customer in order to provide the technologies and processes they need to be successful.
WHAT YOU\'LL BE DOING
You will be responsible for ensuring the success of all technical deliverables and domains as they are assigned. Defining and documenting how products should behave at a business, logical and technical level. Understanding the entirety of their assigned projects and portfolio as well as create a clear incremental roadmap for the future. Additionally, you should understand the broader context of all deliverables on the CCA IT roadmap as well as their relative value and strategic priority towards our corporate end goals.
How you will contribute...
* Providing thought leadership for the processes, platforms and tools our Business Owners currently use as well as their needs in future
* Partnering with the Business Owner(s) for any new technical project requests Identify and document current workflows and processes
* Defining future requirements based on requested enhancements
* Understanding and expand on Minimum Viable Product to ensure the solution addresses the problem statement in a scalable way.
* Verifying technical solutions meet and exceed MVP
* Documenting product capabilities and scope in accordance with IT Deliverables include but not limited to:
* Assisting with Project Intake and Prioritization process Business processes
* Being the go-to person for all data, technical and logical Workflows Architectural requirements, context and impact Technical functional requirements
* Having a firm grasp of security, compliance and regulatory requirements (e.g. HIPAA, ICD9/10, etc.)
* Creating, tracking and communicating IT project deliverables and milestones including;
* Working with the broader IT project team to identify resources and practical timeline
* Negotiating and prioritize project release schedule in coordination with IT leaders and Business Owners
* Populating Project Go-Live plan with tasks based on template and input from Business and IT project team Overall technical status
WHAT WE\'RE LOOKING FOR
Tools for success...
* You hold a 4 year college degree or higher
* This isn't your first rodeo, you'll have a minimum of 3 years of relevant IT experience
* You've used Atlassian platform tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc)
* You've had exposure to various SQL database engines (Oracle, MS, MySQL) scripting
* You have data warehouse experience using EDW and MDM
* You understand ETL, API and EDI (e.g. ANSI 834, 837, 278, etc) standards
* You have healthcare payor and provider experience (claims processing, clinical delivery, member and provider management, etc)
* You are technically fluent in scripting languages (e.g. .NET, Python, R)
* You've worked with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, ELK, ) standard office environment
Does this sound like you* If you re interested in this opportunity, please apply today. The process takes 10-15 minutes, and our recruiting team will be in touch within five (5) business days.
We offer Excellent benefits, including:
* Medical, dental and vision plans with low employee contributions
* A generous paid time off program
* 403(b) with company match
* Loan Forgiveness Program
* Educational Assistance/Reimbursement
Thank you for taking the time to learn about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.