Production Apprentice (31661) 5/7/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Clariant is a focused and innovative specialty chemical company based near Basel in Switzerland. Last year the company recorded CHF 6.6 billion in sales harnessing the talents of its 18 000 employees across 53 countries.
Clariant s portfolio is optimized for future growth, with a focus in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysts, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings.
We believe that our growth is all about our customers and their success. Investment in innovation capabilities and developing inspiring environments for courageous and determined minds are therefore key to reaching our goal.
Join us and help create sustainable value through chemistry for customers all over the globe.
The Chemical Operator Apprentice will work with a trained Operator IV or above to learn control equipment units or systems that process chemical substances into specified industrial or consumer products, according to knowledge of operating procedures, chemical reactions, laboratory test results, and correlation of process instrumentation.
* Participate in Performance Dialogs including (but not limited to): completing the daily 5S checklist, identifying and resolving action items, providing data for performance indicators, and maintaining work area effectiveness.
* Adhere to all safety rules and initiatives.
* Ability to learn to analyze process and quality data and take appropriate action
* Ability to learn how to maintain process orders in an accurate and timely manner including issues, receipts, scrap and rework generation, and productivity.
* Ability to learn how to Troubleshoot process equipment and make appropriate adjustments
* Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
* Move raw materials and finished product utilizing appropriate lifting equipment (must be able to obtain forklift license).
* ACT Science and Composite score of 19 or higher or equivalent SAT score.
* High School Graduate
* Acceptance at JCTC
* High School Chemistry
* Excellent mechanical and spatial aptitude.
* Excellent attendance, performance and safety.
* Proficient personal computer skills, including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, etc.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
[Not translated in selected language]
* Learn more about Clariant
* Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
* Our commitment to people - download our Employment Standards Brochure
Clariant ensures by adequate and documented processes, mechanisms, and policies that all employees are treated equal irrespective of gender, race, nationality, culture, religion, age, political views, or disability. With regard to the zero-tolerance approach of Clariant against any form of discrimination, regional and country HR departments have to ensure avoidance or elimination of any discrimination in work-related activities, particularly regarding remuneration, training, vocational guidance, and social security. Globally, the average basic salary of female employees was 96 % of that of the average male employee in 2017.