Production Assembly Supervisor - 2nd Shift 8/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRODUCTION ASSEMBLY SUPERVISOR -- 2nd shift
Directly supervises production hourly employees in manufacturing activities of an assigned production area in such a manner that approved quality products are manufactured and/or delivered on schedule and within prescribed specifications and cost requirements.
* Directs work group or department to assure on-time production and/or delivery.
* Selects and trains employees to produce at standard-and-above efficiency.
* Responsible for maintaining quality standards.
* Responsible for maintaining high employee morale and positive relationships.
* Responsible for teaching safe work practices, good housekeeping procedures and seeing they are adhered to.
* Responsible for having machines and/or equipment kept in good repair.
* Recommends changes or improvement in methods, equipment, handling or lay-out.
* Responsible for accuracy of required administrative reports and record keeping.
* Responsible for controlling absenteeism, scrap and waste.
* Frequent contact with office staff giving and/or receiving information.
* Completes all other projects assigned by supervisor.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Education: High school graduate or G.E.D; college degree desirable
- Experience: Three years' experience in supervising others and maintaining efficient and productive work groups, mechanical and mathematical skills sufficient for solving plan problems, skills in developing, communicating and maintaining positive interpersonal relationships with and among employees.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required..