Production Associate (Cylinder Loader) - 2nd shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/14/2019
END DATE 3/20/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONARE YOU READY TO BE PART OF A PASSIONATE AND HARD-WORKING TEAM EAGER TO DRIVE OUR BUSINESS FORWARD?
APPLY NOW AND MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH AIRGAS AS A PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE (CYLINDER LOADER/WAREHOUSE) - 2ND SHIFT IN HINGHAM, MA!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Cylinder Loader/Warehouse Associate will stock, store, and label incoming materials and supplies in the warehouse for future redistribution from that location and be responsible for safely loading and unloading of high-pressure and liquid cylinders on/off trucks in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
CYLINDER LOADER RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor standards.
* Understands hazards of various gases, size and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks.
* Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
* Safely operates a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse/material-handling equipment.
* Loads cylinders on/off vehicles, using hand truck or chain hoist, and records type and quantity of cylinders.
* Loads/unloads cylinders on/off pallets, ensuring they are strapped in.
* Examines returned cylinders for surface defects, dents, cracks, burns and performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspection of cylinders prior to filling.
* Rolls cylinders to designated work area using appropriate, safe work method or equipment
* Segregates out test cylinders and any defective cylinders.
* Removes old labels, cleans cylinders.
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Stocking, storing, labeling, picking, packing and distribution of materials and supplies.
* Physical receipt, checking, and storage of delivered materials into the location warehouse.
* Perform periodic inventory of warehouse materials as directed.
* Organize and control site warehouse inventoried items.
* Ensure that warehouse inventory matches SAP (computerized inventory system).
* Review of incoming/outgoing product invoices per Company policy.
* Operate a forklift, pallet jack, or other warehouse equipment.
* Follows appropriate Company policies and procedures as they relate to distribution, safety, etc.
* Perform general housekeeping duties as required.
* Respond to customer inquiries.
* Perform other duties, projects, tasks as assigned.
* The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
* HS Diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum of 1 year of previous related warehouse, industrial, manufacturing operation, filling or loading experience
* Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or chemical industry preferred.
* Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* SAP experience preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to safely operate a fork-lift.
* Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
* Employee may frequently be required to transverse through various Airgas and customer locations.
* Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information interacting with customers and fellow Airgas associates.
* Requires occasional use of computer and telephone.
* Employee may be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
* Repetitive motions necessary to provide delivery of products.
* Regularly required to transport and move 60 pounds, required to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 800 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
* Must be able to operate a forklift.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
* Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
* Flexible to work overtime as needed.
* Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this positions responsibilities.
WE TAKE CARE OF YOU:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
WHO WE ARE:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
CHECK OUT WHAT A CAREER AT AIRGAS CAN OFFER YOU!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability