Production Associate - Final Inspection - 2nd Shift 12/8/2019
Santa Ana, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Scope:
The Final Inspector is responsible for in-process inspection of product after completion of processes. This position requires attention to detail, good communication skills, and the ability to read and understand technical requirements of the traveler and blueprint. Some jobs get a secondary inspection due to the surface finish application after the initial inspection.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read, understand, and interpret travelers and drawings provided to assess requirements and special instructions required for jobs.
- Have a basic understanding of IPC and military requirements. Must know where to go to obtain customer-specific specifications.
- Inspects product to determine compliance with order specifications and for conformity to specified standards.
- Inspects product under magnifying tool for opens, shorts, contamination, soldermask/legend issues, etc.
- Compares size and location of holes to verify conformance to specifications (when assisting for first article measurements).
- Views inside of holes to detect voids or irregular surfaces.
- Identifies non-conforming product and dispositions accordingly.
- Notify appropriate personnel when dispositioning product to alert them of problems.
- Notify appropriate personnel when generating rework paperwork to request rework instructions and approval.
- Perform any rework operations (soldermask touch-up, remove burrs/rough spots, rework damaged areas, cover exposed copper areas with soldermask, clean and/or polish surface mount pads) that can be done inside the final inspection department.
- Stamps mark of approval or rejection, or initials, on product or traveler.
- Logs job in and out of PROMS with accurate counts of product.
- Records yield data and completes scrap report forms.
- Stacks finished boards with separator sheets for transfer to next work station.
- Perform other department or company-related tasks at the direction of the department Supervisor.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- This position requires attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read and understand technical requirements of the traveler and blueprint.
- Some jobs get a secondary inspection due to the surface finish application after the initial inspection.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED desired.
- The work environment is typical of manufacturing operations.
Export and ITAR Requirements:
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.