Production Clerk - DAY SHIFT 8/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbotts Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of PRODUCTION CLERK is within our Infectious Disease Developed Markets business unit located at Scarborough, Maine. In this role you will provide administrative support to the production team in order to produce quality products, seek continuous improvement, and achieve established goals and targets for safety, quality, and productivity.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
Works closely with the Production Manager and Shift Supervisor to ensure all production objectives are met or exceeded and lend support on priority projects which may include seasonal ramp up support
* Request manufacturing documentation/folders required based on the production schedule
* Following production, review batch records and bill of materials for completeness and accuracy
* Verify and submit material inventory and sample request forms
* Maintain manufacturing supply inventory
* Organizes and maintains accurate records of manufacturing inventory data and information, perform inventory restocking, perform inventory acceptance sampling, perform inventory cycle count, ensure all inventory is clearly labeled
* Maintain product labeling: printing, ensuring accuracy and legibility, development of new labels, maintaining label master
* Relate to team members, supervisor and manager in an ethical manner
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area
* Perceive problems as they develop and communicate them to the Manufacturing Manager and/or Supervisor
* Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
* Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the companys policies and practices.
* Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job.
* Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
Prior experience using CGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) and techniques.
Post High School certificate from a college or technical school in manufacturing or related field.
Comprehensive understanding of operational excellence/lean principles and applications.
Comprehensive understanding of medical device manufacturing.
* Demonstrate literacy and comprehension of standard operating procedures and manufacturing documents such as work orders, batch records and bill of materials.
Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently with moderate supervision.
Skill in using computer applications including spreadsheet, database, manufacturing, and word processing software.
Ability to work collaboratively and building strategic relationships with coworkers.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, ABBOTT WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.