PRODUCTION CONTROL ADMINISTRATOR 9/13/2020
PeopleSuite Talent Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY : Provide assistance to Production Department and Master Scheduler with all duties relating to production scheduling of products for plastic injection molding manufacturing operations.
Preparation Jobs: * Assist Master Scheduler with coordinating production workflow for multiple products, as well as planning and prioritizing operations in a manner that guarantees maximum performance with reduced delays.
* Set up new and maintain existing part numbers, Job Orders, BOMs (Bill of Materials), and BOOs (routers) in ERP system (SAP), including generating & understanding cost estimate generated from BOMs & BOOs.
Review new jobs for accuracy (part number, BOM, artwork, etc.) before release to production * Review completed jobs for manufacturing variances
Job Order Creation Responsibilities: * Create job orders in the ERP system / SAP
* Coordinate and manage sub-jobs where applicable; create sub-jobs in SAP ERP system
* Examine work orders or customer requests, expected delivery dates, plant personnel and equipment capabilities, and inventory availability
Data Entry: * Assistance in Production:
* Ensure the availability of engineering data at product sites to support the build schedule
* Works closely with engineering/customer service on routing changes, BOM and part number additions
* Assist the Master Scheduler in the managing of daily production schedules
* Collaborate with production managers and supervisors to ensure optimum productivity and timely completion of order
* Supports ERP system implementations, testing and process improvements
* Supports change and continuous improvements in an operations environment
* Supports ERP system clean up (item master, etc.)
* Other duties or projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. * This role requires superior organization and planning skills. Must examine customer orders, available staff and inventory, and machinery capabilities to effectively set and manage production schedules for multiple lines at once.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office
* Excellent problem-solving skills and adaptability
* Excellent planning and organizational skills, as well as the ability to apply the principles of manufacturing resource planning to daily operations
* Ability to make key decisions to balance scheduling with inventory availability and delivery dates
* Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to speak effectively before team members or employees of organization
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Adequate math skills required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: * High school diploma or equivalent: Associates degree preferred
* Three to five years experience working in a support capacity to production scheduling or Master Scheduler
* Experience setting up and understanding Bill of Materials, part numbers, and operations
* Experience working with various MRP systems
* Experience working with SAP preferred