Production Line Maintainer 8/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Crown:
CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 36 countries employing over 24,000 people and net sales of over $8 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals.
Crown s Food Division is the number one manufacturer of food cans in the world. Our complete array of food packaging serves a variety of markets, including fruit, vegetables, dairy, fish, meat, ready meals, pet food, infant milk powder and other dry food products. We offer a wide selection of food cans from round to bowl as well as shaped cans. We truly focus on excellence. Here is your chance to join the Crown Food Division.
Plant 37 is located in Hanover, PA. The Plant manufactures 3-piece steel cans for the food industry over 3 shifts. There are approximately 50 employees at the Hanover location. The Plant is located on Route 194 in York County and is in close proximity to Gettysburg PA, York PA and the Maryland border.
The Production Line Maintainer, reporting directly to the Manufacturing Manager II, will be responsible for maintaining one of five production lines, performing quality checks and making mechanical adjustments to the line based on the quality readings.
Duties And Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Department Manager, the Production Line Maintainer s responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Safety first attitude to work effectively in a team environment
* Responsible for the mechanical performance of automated production machines and equipment that performs one or more functions in the making of high-quality steel cans
* Daily use of micrometer and dial indicator
* Make necessary adjustments, repair, change and set up equipment
* Use SPC and Process control to maintain production of quality products at all times
* Relieve slitter for breaks
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Mechanical aptitude and technical aptitude required
* Must pass Ramsay Mechanical Skills Test and Minimizer
* Must have basic math skills
* Ability to read and utilize micrometers, Vernier calipers and dial indicator
* Ensure safe operating practices
* Organize and secure materials where loads of materials and pallets are stored;
* Ability to read, write and speak English
* Safety sensitive position
* Ability to push/pull/lift 50 pounds
* Ability to stand for 8-12 hour shift
* Squat and bend occasionally during shift
Crown offers competitive pay, comprehensive benefits including free company paid health insurance for employees as well as Company matched 401(k) and active hourly Pension Plan. Travel
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.