Production Manager I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/10/2020
END DATE 4/15/2020
Chagrin Falls, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller Construction Adhesives provides technologically advanced solutions to the commercial, industrial and residential construction industry. The company s recognized and trusted brands are available through an extensive network of distributors and dealers, as well as home improvement retailers.
Chagrin Falls, OH
The Production Manager reports to the Plant Manager and has primary responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating the production activities and resources necessary for manufacturing chemical adhesives and assembling/packaging them for consumer use with a shared responsibility for maintenance in a plant with 50 plus total employees, with direct supervision over two shift supervisors, team leads and 33 indirect reports.
The individual will manage the daily plant operations to ensure safety, volume, costs and quality standards are met. S/he ensures that resources are adequate to meet the plant s production schedule and safety procedures are met or exceeded daily.
* Manages the daily plant operations with a hands-on approach to meet the sites quality, SIFOT, customer complaint, and production schedule targets.
* Drives a zero defect culture in EHS, quality and productivity utilizing Operational Discipline (OD).
* Promote and utilize quality Error proofing mind set. coach and mentor all team members on quality, mistake proofing and continuous improvement activity.
* Utilize lean and visual management tools to improve safety, quality and productivity
* Reviews production demands to make decisions concerning staffing requirements, work procedures, duty assignments and participates in the development of safety stock levels.
* Establishes and develops key production flow strategies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising safety or integrity.
* Uses knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques to maximize production.
* Implements company policies, ensures coaching, development and team building of the production staff assuring performance goals are achieved consistently.
* Supports shift managers on a day-to-day basis to solve problems and increase productivity.
* Backup for the Plant Manager and has the responsibility for managing all other operations activities for the assigned site.
* Attains annual safety goals through a solid understanding of safety management as well as the ability to convey and enforce safety rules and procedures throughout the facility.
* Owns health and safety aspects of operational responsibility and supports EHS engineer with required documentation
* Bachelor s degree Business and/or Engineering
* 3+ years of management experience in a manufacturing environment with multiple shifts
* 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Office and ERP systems required.
* 1+ year experience in project management required.
* 1+ year experience with ISO 9001 or higher quality management system
* 3 + years of experience with KPI reporting, cost analysis and presentations.
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee s medical premium. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.