Production Operator III NA 6/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The primary duties of a Production Operator III are:
* Follows, without exception, all work instructions and safety rules, including use of all PPE and safety equipment
* Participates in the general housekeeping of plant and work area
* Understands basic monitoring of assigned equipment including start up-shut down & lockout/tag-out procedures for equipment responsibilities
* Monitors and reports any warning lights promptly
* Able to demonstrate fork lift proficiency (pending formal training)
* Maintains expected quality standards
* Able to use digital scales in metric and US standard units
* Properly loads mixers
* Able to complete required data entry into production systems, accurately, with some assistance
* Generally performs, with supervision, entry level production tasks which include:
* Operating processing equipment
* Moves and stages materials
* Packages products
* Enters data into the computer system
* Monitors equipment, keeping processes running at desired run rates.
* Able to use and monitor computerized display and control screens
* Works under direction from peers, team leaders, & shift managers
* Maintains proper documentation including batch tickets and partial bags.
* Generally assists in preparation of batches and operation of processing equipment.
* Team player
* Good oral and written communication skills. Able to properly use plant radios and intercom system
* Works mandatory overtime as required.
* High school diploma or GED equivalency
* Good math, reading, communication, and organizational skills
* Must display fundamental computer literacy.
To be considered for a Production Operator III:
* Participates and contributes through involvement with teams
* Demonstrates a willingness to assist co-workers in areas outside of their direct responsibility
* Routinely prepares batches, follows work instructions, and operates equipment properly, with some supervision.
* Consistently meets production goals.
* Can perform plant specific requirements for progression
* Must have no attendance issues (always on time; under 5 unscheduled absences)
* Must not have been placed on any form of Performance Corrective Action over the preceding six months
* In the current position one year (usually).
* Most recent performance rating was successful or better
* Lean Six Sigma
* Able to use, facility specific, PLC based process control systems used in the manufacturing process
* While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand.
* The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended, and stoop.
* The employee must, regularly, lift and / or move up to 50 pounds, alone, and occasionally lift and / or move more than 100 pounds, with assistance.
Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
* Accountability for Results: Demonstrates a bias for action translates goals and objectives into actionable plans and results.
* Build and Lead Effective Teams: Attracts and retains the best people. Invests in people to ensure organizational success. Actively manages Performance.
* Fosters Change and Innovation: Seeks solutions that strengthen quality, value, service and effectiveness. Respectfully challenges the way things are done and supports others in doing so.
* Creates Value for Customers: Anticipates and responds to market trends and opportunities. Delivers on promises made.
* Demonstrates Business Acumen and Business Agility: Knows the specifics of the business. Engages in effective operational and strategic planning.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities