This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
South Bend, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller s Engineering Adhesives segment develops adhesive solutions for the automotive and aerospace, wood and composite, electronics and energy, glass, durable assembly, and bus, truck, rail and recreational vehicle industries. As these dynamic markets continue to change, and consumers demand lighter, safer, greener and more reliable products, we partner with our customers to deliver highly engineered solutions.
Chemical Production Operator
South Bend, Indiana
Join out HB Fuller team! Offering great benefits including;
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Medical insurance reimbursement - Employees earning $60,000 or less per year will have either all or a portion of their medical premium reimbursed by the company, resulting in discounted to possibly free coverage!
* Paid Holidays 11 Holidays (9 scheduled and 1 floating)
* Quarterly bonuses based on site performance
* 3 weeks vacation
The Production Operator must have the ability to follow data sheet and instructions on mixing batches of compound, manual liquid adds.
* Follows, without exception, all work instructions and safety rules, including use of all PPE and safety equipment
* Participates in the general housekeeping of plant and work area
* Understands basic monitoring of assigned equipment including start up-shut down & lockout/tag-out procedures for equipment responsibilities
* Monitors and reports any unsafe conditions or issues promptly.
* Able to demonstrate fork lift proficiency (pending formal training)
* Maintains expected quality standards
* Able to use digital scales in metric and US standard units
* Properly loads mixers
* Able to complete required data entry into production systems, accurately, with some assistance
Generally performs, with supervision, entry level production tasks which include:
* Operating processing equipment
* Moves and stages materials
* Packages products
* Enters data into the computer system
* Monitors equipment, keeping processes running at desired run rates.
* Able to use and monitor computerized display and control screens **
* Works under direction from peers, team leaders, & shift managers **
* Maintains proper documentation including batch tickets and partial bags.
* Generally assists in preparation of batches and operation of processing equipment.
* Team player
* Good oral and written communication skills. Able to properly use plant radios. **
* Works mandatory overtime as required.
* High school diploma or GED equivalency
* Good math, reading, communication, and organizational skills
* One (1) year manufacturing experience.
The physical demands described here, are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand. Employees are frequently required to walk, climb stairs and use hands to move boxes and insert bags therein; reach with the hands and arms, and stoop and bend from the waist. The employee must regularly lift and / or move containers weighing up to 50 lbs. and occasionally move and / or lift containers weighing up to 100 lbs., with assistance.
* Operator is subjected to dust, solvent fumes, and toxic matter.
* Must have no history of dermatitis or respiratory problems.
* Cannot wear contact lenses.
* High School diploma or GED certificate required.
* Ability to lift 50 pound bags of powder, repetitively.
* Isolated lifting of 75 pound blocks of rubber.
* Requires working in an industrial/manufacturing environment. Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and lift objects up to 50 lbs.
* Requires proper PPE for required task.
* Must maintain valid forklift license.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee s medical premium. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status