Production Supervisor - Automatic Rolls of New Jersey (Edison, NJ) 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION TITLE: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
DEPARTMENT: BAKE SHOP/MAKE-UP
REPORTS TO: PRODUCTION SUPERINTENDENT OR ASSISTANT PRODUCTION SUPERINTENDENT
Supervises production employees in the make-up area.
Primary Job Duties:
* Meets with previous supervisors to communicate any issues from the prior shift. Replaces any call outs when needed with another employee.
* Reviews list of the current production run.
* Walks the entire make-up floor recording all pertinent information on the proper sheets.
* Handles any problems or issues with employees. Must record all employee injuries on the proper documents.
* Ensures that employees are doing their required work including, but not limited to: Quality Check sheets, dough schedule recording, taking temperatures of product, house keeping and working in a safe manner.
* Fills out a shift report for each day worked.
* Communicates any major issues to the proper Manager.
1) Maintains safe working environment for all employees/contractors.
2) Promotes safety in all areas of operations.
1) Maintains cleanliness of the work area.
2) Follows proper G. M. P.\'s at all times.
Other related duties as assigned by the Production Superintendent or Assistant Production Superintendent.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
Experience: 3 or more years working in a production environment.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Science of Baking Correspondence Course offered through AIB.
* General knowledge of how machinery works.
* Good hand / eye coordination.
* Able to count and perform basic math.
* Able to read and write.
* Able to keep up with machine speed through repetitive motion.
* Able to perform all duties so as not to produce damage.
* Capable of lifting up to 60 pounds without assistance. Up to 100 lbs with assistance.
* Able to stand for 10-12 hours per day.
* Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant.
* Able to view product and determine adherence to quality control standards including size, shape, color, cut, etc.
* Able to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
* Able to read and comprehend production schedule.
* Performance of other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Northeast Foods is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.