Production Supervisor I (4th Shift) - Lincoln, NH 8/22/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Corporate Overview
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Founded in 1924, BURNDY manufactures electrical connectors and installation tooling and wiring accessory products for the commercial, industrial and the electric utility markets. We are world-renowned for our robust product lines, commitment to innovation and exceptional customer-centered service.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It's this talent that we consider to be our company's greatest asset. As such, we are invested in your success.
BURNDY offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! We also offer great opportunities for Professional development and training: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Six Sigma training, Toastmasters and more!
When you work at BURNDY, you can expect an environment where your expertise can engineer, build and supply the framework to merge the company's success with your own. Posting Address
34 Bern Dibner Rd, Lincoln, NH 03251 Position Overview
Directs and coordinates activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products in industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Duties and Responsibilities
* Uses Lean Tools to drive continuous improvement - 5S, Kaizen, GEMBA, etc.
* Responsible for oversight of shift safety
* Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
* Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
* Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
* Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
* Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
* Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
* Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Production Superintendent for action.
* Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
Skills and Experience
* Degree in management or chemical engineering, three to five years' EHS and Plating experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree preferred
* Lean Manufacturing skills - Lean tools, 5S, 7 Wastes
* Environmental health and safety experience
* Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Computer Skills: Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills.
* Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.