Production Supervisor 6/6/2020
Michigan Center, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller Construction Adhesives provides technologically advanced solutions to the commercial, industrial and residential construction industry. The company s recognized and trusted brands are available through an extensive network of distributors and dealers, as well as home improvement retailers.
Production Supervisor - Must be able to work all 3 shifts
Michigan Center, MI
We are seeking an experienced Production Supervisor from Chemical, Plastics, or Manufacturing Industry will supervise, coordinate, and manage production floor activities to support our 2nd shift operations in Michigan Center. They will also ensure the safety of all employees, processes and equipment and support productivity improvements and safety improvements. This person will also enforce company policies and safety procedures, and work on additional continuous improvement projects in the plant.
* Develop employees through knowledge of processes and equipment.
* Strengthen teamwork within operations.
* Lead continuous process improvement activities
* Manage and maintain production schedule.
* Identify scheduling and/or material conflicts with production schedulers and department managers.
* Provide guidance and instruction to employees in maintaining the following: Employee health, Workplace cleanliness, safe work environment, proper equipment and process procedures.
* Lead troubleshooting activities and continuously improving the skills of the work force
* Ensure compliance with regulatory and ISO requirements
* Ensure part quality by working closely with the quality department.
* Provide direction to maintenance department personal when repairing processes, equipment, and utilities.
* Work with scheduler and production managers to coordinate overtime schedules.
* Enforce company policies and safety practices.
* Complete necessary daily production reporting.
* Identify training needs and track.
* Bachelor s degree in a technical field with 2 years of supervisory experience required or equivalent experience (5+ years of supervision).
* Experience with web handling, and converting is a plus
* Experience with rubber mixing and any extrusion experience is a plus Demonstrated ability to communicate and lead improvements
* Basic computer skills required, advanced skills beneficial.
* Experience working in a Union environment preferred.
* Highly motivated self-starter with a high energy level and track record of success
* Ability to coach, lead, and motivate others
* Goal oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to focus on the big picture
* Works well in a manufacturing environment and works well with manufacturing personnel
* Ability to build, lead, and participate on teams - strong manufacturing skills
* Excellent people and communications skills
* Practical background in managing people, situations, and processes.
* Knowledge of basic computer skills, and production systems.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.