Production Supervisor 5/6/2020
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
AS ANESSENTIAL BUSINESS, the work we do is important to our communities and to our overall society. The products we work so hard to support and supply to our customers, are critical and essential to the basic needs of life. With more than 16,000 colleagues globally, we need a vast range of talent and skillsets to grow and thrive; and we strive to enable a world-class, diverse & engaged workforce to deliver on Greif s strategic priorities. We invite you to explore available career opportunities with Greif. WE ARE HIRING!
At Greif your work has purpose, your colleagues care about your well-being, and you have the opportunity to grow and thrive. Service and leadership are the core of everything we do. Our global presence provides us a platform to do good in the world. We are packaging something special together: our customers success and yours.
Supervises all shift employees and complies with all safety, quality, production and housekeeping standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Greif s accounting policies and financial control procedures. Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Greif Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Ensures operation is well staffed and schedules overtime and time off.
- Inspects kronos and verifies that employees time reporting is accurate.
- Trains staff on the proper way to do tasks.
- Enforces company rules and organizational policies consistently and without exception.
- Advises superintendents of any problems on shift.
- Train employees in safety and safe work habits.
- Monitors quality control checks as they are made; notes any trends and takes necessary action to keep the board within specifications.
- Ensures maximum production at the lowest cost.
- Resolves employee problems and complaints in a timely and consistent basis.
- Supports the Mill Safety Program completely including enforcing policies involving safety, recording of accidents and near misses, reporting unsafe conditions in the Mill, reprimanding employees for unsafe work habits and participating in the Mill Housekeeping Program.
- Performs duties on designated shift(s).
- Supports all elements of OPEX activities to include, but not limited to Performance Management, Leader Standard Work, Operator Basic Care, 5 s, Maintenance Reliability and Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Greif Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- High School diploma, G.E.D. or skilled trade certification in area of specialty and at least 5-7 years experience in the Paper and Pulp Industry.
- Statistical Process Control knowledge is desired.
- Requires overall general knowledge of various equipment in different departments and plant processes.
- Ability to effectively manage people; excellent communication skills a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office a must.
- Proficiency in data analysis a must.
- Ability to proficiently work under intense deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not take into consideration the following when making hiring decisions: race, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, disability status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Disclaimer: This Job Summary indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
Greif provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons and does not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In all activities of recruitment, employment, promotions, transfers and other terms and conditions of employment, the individual s ability to perform specific job functions shall be the primary consideration. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact us via fax at 770.799.5832.