Production Technician 8/19/2020
Air Liquide USA
Upper Mount Bethel, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company presentation
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies - from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells - even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHA and Voltaix products are critical to the manufacturer of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Located in Upper Mount Bethel, PA.
Our Production Technicians operate our chemical processes and perform production related activities, utilizing their chemical manufacturing knowledge and experience to operate and troubleshoot the plant in a safe and efficient manner. The Production Technician works in a team environment where collaboration and teamwork are critical to meeting the goals of the business. Will be required to work at any of the NE sites depending on business needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Safely and efficiently operates their assigned processes to meet the day-to-day quality, production and productivity goals of ALAM.
* Drives a culture of Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time with their actions and their words on a daily basis
* Works well with other Technicians and Engineers to ensure that the experiments are done in a very safe and efficient manner
* Participate in monthly safety meetings and promote a safe work environment
* Develops work instructions or provide feedback on improving the work instructions
* Reviews and updates the Standard Operating Procedures
* Reviews and updates the Learning Resources for the processes
* Able to specify parts and equipments for building an experimental set-up, under the guidance of a Senior Technician or PD Engineer(s)
* Able to assemble equipment and build equipment skids or experimental set-ups, under the supervision & guidance of a Senior Technician or PD engineer(s)
* Participate in hazard analysis of a proposed experimental system and implements the recommendations of the PHA team
* Completes their annual personal goals to achieve the plant goals and their own personal development goals
* Document experimental observations carefully and be able to do simple mass balance calculations
* Cross-trains peers on approved functions
* Successfully completes all assigned trainings
* Actively participate on ALAM's emergency response (ER) team and ER entry team
* Must be and remain clean shaven at all times
* Ability to wear a full face tight fitting respirator and a fully encapsulated (Level A) ER suit, Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), or any other tight-fitting and/or supplied air respirators (SAR)
* Ability to medically pass a respiratory test and physical test in order to wear a full face respirator as required
* HS diploma or GED
* Experience with handling of semiconductor chemicals
* Knowledgeable in analytical and purification techniques
* Good working knowledge of specifying parts and equipment
* Familiar with P&IDs, BOM's, and other engineering documentation
* Ability to learn technical chemical processes quickly in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
* Ability to interact effectively with others to accomplish daily tasks and achieve the plant's goals
* Ability to communicate concisely and effectively in written and verbal formats with stakeholders at multiple levels in the business
* Ability to perform technical troubleshooting to resolve process issues
* Self-starter with the ability to perform well under pressure and changing priorities
* Fitness for duty, including but not limited to: ability to lift 50 pounds and climb ladders
* Ability to work rotating shifts - day and/or nights
* Associates Degree in Chemical Processing
* 2+ years experience in a process operations environment as a process or production technician
* 2+ years of chemical or other hazardous material handling
* Military experience with Nuclear, Electronics or Mechanical training
* Understanding of analytical processes for chemical processing
* Knowledge of root cause investigation process and methodology
* Knowledge of 5S and Lean manufacturing