Professional Development Instructor/Mentor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2020
END DATE 10/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONProfessional Development Instructors at Galvanize don't just teach, they mentor. You will teach learners best practices, theory, and how to use those skills and knowledge to be a leader within their organizations. Your experience is your confidence; your students' enjoyment is your drive. While you'll normally spend up to 12 hours per week teaching in a virtual class, a good portion of the rest of your time will be providing feedback to your students' efforts and preparing for the next class. You will help pioneer this new offering from Galvanize.
You will have the opportunity to teach people from all over the world. You will encounter a wide variety of people seeking to become better in their craft. Plying your specialties, you will get to bring advanced education to software developers to help them advance in their careers, build their knowledge and confidence, and still have time for your own professional development. Based on your existing knowledge, you may also get to act as a subject-matter expert as we continue to expand our portfolio of courses. You will report to the VP of Professional Development Product Curriculum.
* Provide students with an enjoyable, educational, and entertaining classroom experience
* Support and lead lectures, class activities, and project work
* Maintain an empathetic and supportive relationship with students
* Facilitate a dynamic, inclusive, and collaborative classroom community
* Work collaboratively with other Professional Development instructors to establish and grow our culture
* Provide students with prompt feedback on their progress
* Provide qualitative feedback on curriculum content and delivery mechanisms and support
* Five years of experience building and maintaining Web-based applications (ASP.NET, Spring, Django, Flask, Ruby on Rails, Express, Next.js, etc.)
* The aptitude to learn and teach complex topics of computer science
* The ability to be able to teach two or more of the following courses:
* DevOps + Testing
* Data Structures + Algorithms
* Microservices + Orchestration
* Compilers + Script Engines
* Computer Architecture + IoT
* Networking + Reactive Programming
* Software Design + Modeling in Color
* Methodologies + Requirements Gathering
* Managing Up + Data Visualization
* Databases + ORMs/ODMs
* The expertise to constructively evaluate others' code
* The ability to thrive in a continuous feedback environment and welcomes feedback from students and other instructors.
* Great communication skills which inspire confidence and enjoyment in your audience
* Prior teaching and/or mentoring experience
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
* Highly autonomous, conscientious, reliable, self-motivated, and solution-oriented
* Strong collaboration skills, high self-awareness, flexible, open-minded attitude, and a positive outlook
* Empathy and charisma
* The ability to work evenings
Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, great benefits, an outstanding culture, and unlimited PTO.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.