Professional Land Surveyor 9/11/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
This is a full time position working independently doing boundary, control, ALTA surveys, topographic surveys, and computations for construction staking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: * Take responsibility for safe work practices.
* Represent the company in a positive way.
* Work independently on multiple projects at once.
* Prepare mapping for control, cadastral/boundary, ALTA surveys, topographic surveys and computations for construction staking.
* Maintain quality control and keep the work on schedule and within budget.
* Prepare cost estimates and write proposal documents.
* Prepare work plans and communicate with field and office staff.
* Utilize appropriate equipment to perform work.
* Assist in the maintenance of equipment and vehicles.
To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To perform successfully, the employee should demonstrate the core competencies contained in this description.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Minimum of two years of experience as a Licensed Land Surveyor, with knowledge and experience in operating GPS equipment, total station instruments, and data collectors. Experience with Trimble TGO/TBC and Trimble GPS Equipment preferred. Experience with control, cadastral/boundary topographic surveys, and construction staking is required. Experience and proficiency with ACAD required. Experience with ACAD Civil 3D preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS * Licensure as a Professional Land Surveyor required.
* Must have a valid driver s license and a good driving record.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical analysis, and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to perform complex surveying computations such as geodetic computations, GPS adjustments, traverse adjustment and analysis, and level adjustment and analysis.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES * Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to clients, co-workers, and the public.
* He/she must also have excellent writing skills and be able to communicate effectively with large and diverse groups.
* Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
* Ability to solve problems, interpret data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
* Proficiency with survey instruments including GPS, total stations, levels, handheld calculators, and computer applications including AutoCAD, email, word processing, spread sheets and survey coordinate geometry software.
* Ability to recognize survey boundary law issues and resolve same with sound judgment and legal procedures. Report issues and results effectively with supervisor for review and approval.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to cut brush using chain saw or machete; ability to dig with a shovel or digging bars; use of jack hammer and sledge hammer; ability to walk and hike through rough terrain, snow, and ice; periodically lift between 30 & 50 pounds; driving in stakes and rebar (monuments). May need to work at remote sites.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but on occasion, loud.