Professional Staff Nurse, OP - OBGYN Office - Casual
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/20/2020
HOME NURSING AGENCY
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION UPMC is currently seeking a casual (Per Diem) Professional Staff Nurse for the outpatient OBGYN Office!
The Professional Staff Nurse is a Registered Nurse is a member of the care delivery team. The Professional Staff Nurse is responsible to set the standards for the level and quality of care. The Professional Staff Nurse has responsibility, authority and accountability for the provision of nursing care. The Professional Staff Nurse manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members. The Professional Staff Nurse establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The Professional Staff Nurse demonstrates a commitment to the community and to the nursing profession.
* Actively participates in department or practice-specific quality improvement efforts. Identifies opportunity for quality improvement to colleagues and management. Takes personal responsibility in improving patient satisfaction with the quality of care and service. Utilizes research and evidence-based practice to support improvement in clinical care: identifies research issues or articles related to clinical specialty or areas of interest
* Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families.Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment.Good clinical judgment with critical thinking, analytical and problem solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care.Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead others in application of the nursing process.Mobility and visual manual dexterity. Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients.
* Demonstrates knowledge of adult learning principles (and/or teaching children if applicable) and applies in teaching of patients, families, students and new staff. Provides detailed and appropriate teaching to patients and families to effectively guide them through the episode of care both in the office setting and via phone/written communication when at home. Supports the development of students, new staff and colleagues. Creates an environment of open dialogue, inquiry and continuous development by asking for feedback and improving practice.
* Formulates goals and a plan of care for patients that involves the patient as partner and considers the individual needs of the patient in a holistic manner. Triages patient situations and coordinates care with physician.Assist physician with all aspects of patient care including assessment, evaluation and education.Demonstrates critical thinking in the identification of clinical, social, safety, psychological and spiritual issues for the patient care within an episode of care. Practices solid communication skills, and is able to articulate and translate the patient's condition to other care providers and to negotiate and make recommendations for changes in patient care and office practices. Patient documentation is comprehensive and promotes communication between caregivers. Incorporates national professional organization as well as business unit and health system's goals to improve patient safety, quality and satisfaction.Creates a caring and compassionate patient focused experience by building healing relationships with patients, families and colleagues.
* Demonstrates accountability for professional development that improves the quality of professional practice and the quality of patient care. Actively participates in practice-based shared governance, goal setting and supports the change and transition process to improve quality of care and the practice environment. Serves as a highly engaged and full partner on the care team and responds willingly to care team member needs for assistance and partnership. Participates in work that improves patient care and the professional practice environment.Adapts to change and demonstrates flexibility with the change process.
* Develops and maintains productive working relationships internally and externally by demonstrating accountability for actions, enthusiasm, motivation and commitment to patients and colleagues. Demonstrates an understanding of cultural differences and holds peers accountable for healthy relationships. Maintains a conscious balance between work and personal life. Models safe work hours, time management and healthy lifestyle. Communicates with peers and management any safety hazards identified in the workplace.
QUALIFICATIONS * The individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the ages of the patients served by his/her assigned unit as specified below. They must also demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs and to provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures.
* Minimum six months experience preferred.
* BSN preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND CLEARANCES:
Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse. CPR CertificationUPMC approved national certification preferredCPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) OR Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
* Registered Nurse (RN)
* Act 33 with renewal
* Act 34 with renewal
* Act 73 FBI Clearance