Program Analyst (DC Medicaid)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/22/2020
END DATE 9/22/2020
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
JOB DESCRIPTIONResp & Qualifications
The Program Analyst role will provide oversight of monitoring and evaluation for care management and clinical programs designed to improve health outcomes for populations with special health care needs. The primary responsibilities of this role include managing program data and evaluation activities, including: assistance with developing program work and evaluation plans and associated metrics; data collection, analysis, interpretation and visualization; and, applying data for monitoring and quality improvement processes. The role works closely with the Medical Director, Medical Management Business Analyst and care teams to develop and operationalize sustainable processes to support functional improvements for the organization.
* Provide team leadership for all data management and assessment activities.
* Provide technical assistance and support in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans for clinical programs, including: establishing goals, objectives and measures that support organizational goals; establishing data collection processes; defining clear methodology for programs measures; and, developing comprehensive reports that can be used to easily assess program performance.
* Assist leadership with streamlining and formalizing protocols and processes to support efficient monitoring and evaluation activities.
* Support the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of continuous quality improvement activities.
* Perform data analytics, often requiring merging data from multiple sources, using appropriate statistical software and methodology.
* Establish proficiency in organization s management information systems to inform data collection and analysis efforts.
* Develop and present periodic and ad hoc program reports, using data visualization tools, appropriate for various internal and external audiences.
* Assist with relevant staff education and training activities.
* Liaise with Medical Management Business Analyst for high priority projects.
* Liaise with other departments with key roles in monitoring and evaluation, including Quality Improvement and Information Technology, often assisting with communicating/translating programmatic functions and requirements.
* Assists with various special projects, reporting, and duties as assigned.
* Provide sophisticated calendar and time management. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance; plan ahead several weeks to months; make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day - to - day engagements and timeliness of deliverables.
* Provide project status reporting to management.
* Occasionally lead direct or indirect employees for specific projects or objectives.
* Self-motivated, highly effect organization and analytical skills, multi-tasking, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a vast array of information.
* Proficient to expert understanding of the role of data management, information flow, and data governance issues.
* Experience with market data and vendor integration and management.
* Familiarity with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement s Model for Improvement and QI Essentials Toolkit.
* Working knowledge of public and private sector health care issues at the national, state, and local levels.
* Able to serve as a liaison between clinical, business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs
* SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Analytical | Experience working with statistical methodologies, analytical and statistical theories. Knowledge of applied use of data in health program monitoring and evaluation.
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
* Project Management | Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
* Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
* Customer Service | Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
* Interpersonal Skills | Solution oriented approach to conflict and challenges; Maintains confidentiality; Practices effective listening skills; Maintains professional demeanor; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
* Oral Communication | Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Actively participates in meetings.
* Written Communication | Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Quality Management | Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Applies quality assurance principles to data management activities.
* Diversity | Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment and respects diversity.
* Ethics | Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
* Organizational Support | Understands organization's goals and values and role in achieving those goals; Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
* Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
* Judgment | Displays willingness to make decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely and data-driven decisions.
* Motivation | Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Ability to multi-task.
* Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
* Quality Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
* Adaptability | Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able pivot work with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Attendance/Punctuality | Consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
* Dependability | Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
* Initiative | Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
LANGUAGE SKILLS | Ability to read, analyze