Program Analyst MID, Atlanta, GA, US, ID# 17660 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Program Analyst - MID, Atlanta, GA, US, ID# 17660
Cherokee Nation Assurance (CNA) delivers a broad spectrum of professional management consulting services to its defense, health, environmental and civilian agency clients. To assist clients in achieving their goals, CNA provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including health information technology, research & science, program management, communications, correspondence and document management, governance and administrative support. Wholly owned by Cherokee Nation, CNA is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies. For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-federal.com
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Center for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) supports cross-agency activities and efforts to improve public health at the state, tribal, local and territorial levels by building capacity in public health infrastructure and practice, resource and asset management, performance and accountability, workforce development and shared leadership to improve public health outcomes.
OSTLTS is in need of a Financial Analyst/Consultant for Partnership Development, Stakeholder Management, and Issues Management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist CSTLTS field staff in Puerto Rico (PR) and the United States Virgin Islands (USVI) with management and coordination of disaster recovery supplemental funding, awarded by CDC to the PR and USVI health departments and non-government organization (NGO) partners after the 2017 hurricanes.
* Work with CSTLTS OIA staff to coordinate CIO project officers and technical monitors and NGO partners participating in the 2017 hurricane recovery. Facilitate meetings between CIOs, jurisdictions, and NGO partners to ensure close communication and collaboration.
* Support OIA Atlanta staff as they interact with senior public health advisors around CDC to troubleshoot administrative and budget concerns and respond to inquiries and requests for information. Assist OIA staff with program management issues and troubleshooting barriers to awards and program implementation.
* In conjunction with CSTLTS field staff, manage logistics for high-level visits from territorial health officials to CDC or from CDC to the US territories.
* Assist CSTLTS field staff in monitoring progress in the implementation of the projects funded by the disaster recovery supplemental funding, including funding drawdown and progress of programmatic activities.
* Perform other duties as assigned that relate to this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Master's Degree; preferably a MPH or MBA with major study in an academic field relating to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position and experience working in a public health setting
* Previous experience with CDC CSTLTS programs, policies and procedures highly desired
* Experience working with STLT health departments or international ministries of health highly desired
* Cultural competency in Caribbean culture highly desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Strong leadership and management skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills; ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks concurrently
* Ability to build effective and respectful relationships
* Willingness and ability to be flexible and adapt well to a changing environment
* Work is conducted in a climate controlled office environment.
* The environment may require prolonged sitting, prolonged standing, and light lifting up to 20 lbs.
About Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Federal - a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses - is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation's mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios.
Since 2012, the Cherokee Federal team of companies has won more than $5 billion in government contracts. Our 3,000+ employees work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why choose Cherokee Federal? Visit our website and learn about the great reasons to join our team. cherokee-federal.com
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2020 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.