Program Assistant OIP, Washington, DC, US ID#16385 11/19/2019
Cherokee Nation Businesses
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Program Assistant OIP, Washington, DC, US ID#16385
***MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE***
Cherokee Nation Mission Solutions (CNMS) is committed to delivering innovative solutions to solve its clients' toughest problems, whether it be in the next state or around the world. CNMS utilizes the most qualified teams to support each client's mission, providing responsive, strategic and innovative paths forward. CNMS makes it a priority to build personal, business relationships with each client and to consistently go above and beyond their expectations.
The Program Assistant will provide extensive office administrative support involving a wide-range of complex staff issues and will be responsible for managing and coordinating logistical support for public diplomacy programs in assigned regions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
* Provide customer support to a block of individuals assigned to a PSP Post involving phone, email and personal communication from the initial notice of assignment through deployment.
* Assist customers with deployment requirements to include securing State badges, ensuring compliance with mandatory medical and training requirements and compliance with additional Post-specific requirements.
* Track customer cases in an office database which is used to determine where the customer is in the process and prepare arrival reports to the PSP Mission.
* Assist with eCountry Clearance requests. Review and verify eCountry Clearances as necessary.
* Correspond with supporting offices as needed via email/telephone.
* Maintain and organize customer electronic files. This includes working with the internal shared drive and uploading documents to SharePoint.
* Attend and assist during OIP in-processing appointments where deploying customers complete post-specific paperwork and tasks. Collect required items and assist customers with completion of forms during appointment as instructed by Team Leader.
* Ensures employees have completed all pre-deployment documents and tasks prior to departing for Post.
* Monitor Visa requests group inbox daily and respond to any inquiries.
* Review all Visa applications, draft visa request memos for processing. Prepare, scan and file copies of all materials included in submission.
* Create and track all visa submission records in internal OIP Access Database. Maintain weekly visa tracker distributed to DOS Official's.
* Liaison with DOS offices to receive visa application materials.
* Assist in maintaining in-processing conference room. This includes restocking supplies and logging into computers to verify full functionality when assigned.
* Write E2 travel orders for long-term temporary duty employees assigned to PSP posts, to include extensions, home leave and departure travel entitlements.
* Assist employees with closing their vouchers in E2 Travel System at the conclusion of their tours. Includes reviewing travel authorizations to determine what voucherable expenses employee was entitled to and prepare related paperwork to process those vouchers.
* Facilitate in person visa submissions and/or retrievals from Embassies
* Manages other tasks authorized by the Government Task Manager that fall within the scope of this task order.
* Performs other job related duties as required.
No supervisory or management authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in related field and have experience and demonstrated ability in working with computer database systems and the Microsoft Office Suite programs. SharePoint experience preferred. Secret Clearance required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
* Must be customer-service oriented, dependable, attentive to detail and willing to assist other team members as workloads require.
* Ability to interact with Foreign Service Officers, Civil Servants, and Contractor staff in a professional and courteous manner.
* Ability to multitask, work under pressure and adhere to short deadlines. Must have strong organization skills.
* Strong writing skills and the ability to prepare professional emails quickly.
* Willingness to learn new tasks that arise.
* Must be willing to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment.
* Must have an active secret clearance.
Work will be performed in a climate controlled office environment.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.