Program Assistant, Tulsa, OK, US ID#16384 11/16/2019
Cherokee Nation Businesses
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Program Assistant, Tulsa, OK, US ID#16384
CN3S provides personalized professional and support services to ensure our clients' success. Whether your program requires mission, IT, environmental or medical support, CN3S offers the best solutions to finish your job on time and within budget. CN3S has proven expertise in navigating the competitive and tribal 8(a) acquisition environments. This gives our clients more control over project scopes and budgets, streamlines the procurement process and alleviates acquisition delays.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The PROGRAM COORDINATOR will provide logistics support for program implementation of capacity building programs (i.e. workshops, training, and technical assistance) including planning, budgeting, implementation, and audit. Requirements include but are not limited to, ability to contract with hotels and other venue providers, provide materials for events, and arrange travel and accommodations for speakers and attendees. This position requires an understanding of and experience with State Department management policies and procedures, Federal travel regulations, government accounting and reporting, and contracting and procurement, and restrictions on programming stemming from Congressional restrictions; or the ability to obtain this experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Must work in a collaborative manner with East Asia Pacific (EAP) in the coordination of travel for programs. This requires extensive coordination with both U.S. Government (USG) entities, including the Department of Commerce and other U.S. agencies as so directed, and non-USG entities, including the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and other international organizations and partners.
* Make cost-effective arrangements for travel, venues, printing, translation, interpretation, shipping, and other logistics needed to implement programming.
* Coordination and communication between U.S. Department of State, Interagency, implementing partners, U.S. Department of State Posts in the EAP or South and Central Asia (SCA) region, and others with regard to planning, coordinating, and implementing programs, including venue, services contracts, and funds transferred to support participant and subject matter expert travel.
* As needed, collaborate with partners to facilitate workshops, capacity-building trainings, pilot projects, meetings, conferences, and other events in the U.S. and abroad where direct implementation of programming occurs.
* As needed, conduct site visits in any East, or South Asian, or Pacific country, manage day-of event logistics on site, reserve venues, book travel, and sign contracts with hotels.
* Collaborate with local organizations regarding travel in East Asia and the Pacific with approval from EAP.
* Coordinate international and domestic travel via government travel system (E2).
* Travel, including to East or South Asian and the Pacific, as required.
* Complete or assist with special projects as assigned
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY:
This position does not have any supervisory capacity and/or managerial authority
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Candidates must be US citizens.
* Candidates will be required to undergo a background investigation and favorably pass a drug screen.
* Candidates must have a current and valid US Passport whose expiration date is more than (1) one year from the date of hiring.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Two years' experience in arranging foreign travel, multi-tasking complex projects and processes, government management policies and procedures, requiring interpersonal and customer service, writing, oral communication, research, analytic, problem-solving, and computer skills (or equivalent).
* Requires domestic and international travel as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required; advanced Microsoft Excel and data visualization skills strongly preferred.
* Ability to write clearly and succinctly under time pressure.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to organize meetings and major events, including logistics, agenda, participants, and briefing materials.
* Ability to deliver on multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
* Ability to operate significantly under own initiative with minimal guidance.
* Strong team player who is eager to jump in to take care of crises as they emerge.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to support interactions with peers and superiors.
* Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including policymakers, representatives of other governments, and the non-governmental community.
* Work will be performed primarily in a climate-controlled office environment.
* Location of job is Tulsa, OK.
* Candidate must pass initial background check and drug screen before employment with CN3S.
* May require occasional lifting or moving of items up to 25 lbs.
* Candidate can be expected to stand in line for extended periods of time when travelling through domestic and international airport security checkpoints and in airline terminals.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.