Program Coordinator 8/19/2020
University of California - Riverside
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PROGRAM COORDINATOR
202003053581 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $50,000 - $86,450
UCR Extension is the continuing education division of UC Riverside and offers a wide range of programs designed to meet the needs of students and employers. Extension is launching a new apprenticeship program for employees in IT and Advanced Manufacturing. Reporting to the Director of Academic Programs, the Program Coordinator is the primary representative developing apprenticeship opportunities. This includes developing relationships and partnerships with IT or manufacturing businesses, associations and other organizations, as well as seeking out referrals for opportunities for apprenticeships and meeting other programmatic needs. Develops presentations for opportunities as well as workshops/orientations for students. Oversees student coaching and career guidance, including using standard quantitative and qualitative assessments. Researches, evaluates economic and employment trend data. Analyzes data and develops reports, as well as responding to and meeting grant reporting requirements. This is a 4 year, grant funded contract position.
Advanced degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Continuing education experience. Preferred
Experience with federal and/or state apprenticeship registration process. Preferred
Experience performing student recruitment for professional programs. Preferred
4 - 7 years of related experience. Required
Strong knowledge of career development theories, adult development theory, counseling process, career coaching techniques, career decision making, learning styles, and job search techniques.
Ability to design and modify computer applications to meet program needs, problem identification, presentation skills, verbal communication, written communication, and organization skills.
Ability to work with people from diverse cultures.
Thorough knowledge of needs assessment theory, processes, and practice; workshop and program design.
Knowledge of UC programs, career services, employer, alumni, and faculty needs and expectations, recruiting and staffing methods, and employment trends.
Ability to travel locally and nationally.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
* UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
* In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position