Program Management Specialist 4 6/3/2020
Hood River, OR
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Program Manager 4 - International Middle East
* Hood River, OR
Insitu is an integrated information and technology company, pioneering in the design, development, production and operation of high-performance, cost-effective unmanned aircraft systems. We exist to pioneer and innovate in all that we do so that we positively impact people s lives and change the course of history. To reach our full potential as a business, we imagine and create more than products with wings. In all that we do and all that we aspire to do, our Vision and Mission guide us while our cultural pillars Pioneer | Perform | Unite | Care define our culture and inform our decisions as we strive to achieve our Mission.
A senior-level program management position with complete accountability for P&L, cost, quality and schedule performance for key International acquisition programs within the Insitu Defense organization. MAY INCLUDE CUSTOMER PROGRAMS IN THE MIDDLE-EAST REGION.
Develops, oversees and integrates the cost, schedule and technical performance of acquisition programs. Leads multi-functional teams, to include subcontractors, and administers all program phases, including export compliance, budgets, business and communication plans. Integrates and evaluates material, technical support elements and production schedules to determine specifications and collaborates in program proposals. Monitors, documents and reports the customer program s implementation, timelines, issues, risks, risk mitigation and successes to stakeholders including executive leadership.
Responsible for identification and capture of organic growth opportunities within existing customer base and new business development as part of the overall regional strategy. Involved in all aspects of new program development from early identification of strategy through the formal business capture process to program execution.
Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards. Considered an expert in field of program management within the organization.
* Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
* Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
* Ability to collect, organize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
* Uses appropriate methods and flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitates the completion of team goals.
* Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
* Understands and utilizes economic, financial, and industrial data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identifying key issues, and developing strategies and plans.
* Knowledgeable of how the business and organization operates; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization; understands the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Understands how to accomplish tasks both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
* Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
* Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
* Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
* Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
* Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals while deriving satisfaction from the process of goal achievement and continuous improvement.
* Knowledge of the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and its application.
* Knowledge and familiarity with ITAR regulations.
* Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifies one's own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
* Effectively explores alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
* Knowledge of programmatics including integration of program/product disciplines and program maturity levels.
* Ability to support, lead and delegate the project team's responsibilities and tasks through all stages of the project life cycle.
* The ability to achieve desired outcomes on projects, on-time and within budget. Ability to define the project, design and plan the project, and manage the project team. Ability to control and deliver project deliverables, project accounting and appraisal, and optimize the contribution of the people involved.
* Knowledge of Project Management theory, concepts and principles (e.g., theory of constraints, critical path methodology, project risk management, triple constraints, project scope management, project management lifecycle etc.).
* Ability to create project schedules to identify overall timeframe for project activities to meet the defined project objectives (to include major milestones), identify resource requirements for projects, and manage those resources throughout the project life cycle.
* Knowledge of schedule management principles and practices.
* Ability to understand the big picture and the inter-relationships of all positions and activities in the organization, including the impact of changes in one area on another area. This includes the ability to see and understand the inter-relationships between components of systems and plans and anticipate future events.
Program Manager interfaces with:
* Insitu Defense and cross-functional leadership
* Insitu cross-functional resources in support of programs
* International UAS Customer Organizations
* Insitu Executive Leadership and Boeing Senior Management
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
10-14 years with Bachelor's degree or 8-12 years with Master's degree
International business and/or Department of Defense experience
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent desired
Insitu is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans.
Program Manager 4 - International Middle East
* Hood River, OR
Insitu is an integrated information and technology company, pioneering in the design, development, production and operation of high-performance, cost-effective unmanned aircraft systems. We exist to pioneer and innovate in all that we do so that we positively impact people s lives and change the course of history. To reach our full potential as a business, we imagine and create more than products with wings. In all that we do and all that we aspire to do, our Vision and Mission guide us while our
Additional Benefits9/80 work week (we close every other Friday)
Vancouver-->Bingen-->Hood River wifi enabled commuter bus
Dog friendly workplace