Program Manager III - Operations Business Performance 6/4/2020
Tufts Health Plan
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Director, Operations Performance Management, the Program Manager III manages multiple programs and projects involving significant cross-functional interface, complexity, and risk mitigation. As part of the Operations Business Performance team, responsibilities include successful implementation and ongoing support of large cross-functional projects, working closely with the appropriate THP staff to manage plan operations. Day-to-day activities include oversight and management to ensure successful plan operations including detailed policy and impact analysis, leading and/or representing the program in change initiatives that affect multiple departments, and monitoring initiatives post go-live to measure for program success. The Program Manager III should be able to evaluate the cost and feasibility of multiple options/alternatives to resolve program issues and to make recommendations on those issues that best meet program and corporate objectives for Tufts HP,. Change to ongoing programs at this level will usually require facilitating cross-departmental meetings as well as negotiations with outside parties to explain and justify the impact. The Program Manager III will interact directly and regularly with leadership from Tufts Health Plan and other joint ventures in order to accomplish successful program management. Responsibilities may include supervision of other program managers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS* (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
Overall program ownership and management, focusing on both SHORT-TERM initiatives and LONG-TERM strategic direction and objectives.
* Management of CROSS-FUNCTIONAL operations, processes, and workflows within THP that support and service the programs.
* Manages project COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERFACE with internal and external constituents to ensure that the program and project goals are met.
* LEAD regular cross functional informational or working meetings. Includes effective agenda planning, facilitation, and tracking/follow up on deliverables through resolution.
* Determines NEEDS AND MITIGATE RISKS, especially as it pertains to the short and long term objectives of the program s implementation plan
* Exercises judgment to make decisions, or to raise issues to the appropriate level in a TIMELY manner.
* Ensures that Tufts HP s established PROJECT/PROGRAM MANAGEMENT tools, processes, standards, and techniques are followed
* PROACTIVE, SOLUTION-ORIENTED management of program operations and integration issues. Ability to conceptualize and envision the impact of change. Proposes new ways to do business to better meet the needs of both the client/partner (CPCT) and THP.
* Evaluates the COST AND FEASIBILITY of multiple options/alternatives to resolve project issues and make recommendations on those issues that best meet both program and corporate THP and CPCT objectives.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage all phases of the project to ensure goals and objectives are met within the established time and budget guidelines
* Lead cross-functional team members on projects of moderate to major complexity
* Parse and synthesize issues of above average complexity, including cost/benefit analysis and resource estimating
* Oversee and facilitate project team meetings and prepares status documents periodically throughout the project
* Facilitate planning sessions.
* Manage issues and risks with appropriate escalation.
* Influence stakeholders, business owners, and division leaders when applicable
* Bachelor s Degree required.
* Advanced degree and/or credentials preferred in related industry, e.g.: MBA, MPH, PMP.
EXPERIENCE: (YEARS OF EXPERIENCE)
* 8-10 year s healthcare or healthcare adjacent industry experience.
* 5-8 years of project/program management experience, including leading significant cross-functional, high-impact initiatives.
* Special interest in candidates with consulting and/or strategy experience.
* Candidates should possess an interest and knowledge related to healthcare innovation strategies pertaining to provider/insurer collaboration, value-over-volume objectives, with a focus on innovation-driven outcomes.
* Significant business process and project management experience related to the implementation of healthcare programs, ideally focused on INSURANCE products.
* Experience with project management tools (e.g. MS Project) with established track record of successful implementation aligned to originally outlined project objectives.
* A proven ability to meet milestones with COMPETING PRIORITIES.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (INCLUDE INTERPERSONAL SKILLS)
* Highly developed ORAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION skills. Ability to communicate with and influence internal and external constituents at all levels with confidence. Must be able to converse and lead dialogue on the subject with minimal direction. Strong negotiating, influencing, and advocacy skills, ability to lead others both internally and externally to ensure the success of the program.
* Highest level PRESENTATION SKILLS including ability to interface and sell new programs and changes to existing programs to a broad range of internal and external contacts, as necessary. Ability to interact with confidence with Tufts HP and Care Partners of Connecticut senior management.
* Ability to present technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. Ability to make complex information digestible in a cross-functional, matrixed environment.
* Able to navigate political issues using advanced organizational (THP & CPCT) knowledge to resolve roadblocks. Effectively advocates for program needs and goals. Able to identify risk out of the larger picture and has a proven ability to accurately estimate and plan resource usage. Able to identify and make decisions that serve the best interests of THP.
* Negotiates/leads others both internally and externally to participate in the program. May be required to coach/mentor less experienced program managers and effectively lead in a matrixed environment.
* Ability to thrive in a matrix-management, hands-on environment that demands a consultative approach and solutions that span multiple environments in a business area.
* Excellent human resource management skills, ability to oversee team of project managers as part of the overall program.
* Must be FLEXIBLE and a proponent/champion of change. Able to conceptualize and envision the impact of change, and propose new ways to do business.
* Must be an accomplished MULTI-DISCIPLINARY TEAM-LEADER and team-builder with hands-on style. Ability to lead teams whose members have diverse professional and educational backgrounds, and to effectively manage difficult group dynamics to effectively reach a positive outcome.
* Requires the ability to maintain effective and productive peer RELATIONSHIPS. Must have the ability to motivate fellow employees by fostering team spirit, an attitude of cooperation, and a commitment to the organization. Requires well-developed interpersonal skills to act in the capacity of liaison to the user community.
* Possess strong influencing skills with the ability to manage and motivate both direct and non-direct reports.
Tufts Health Plan is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.