Program Manager, Industrial Hygiene 11/18/2019
Buckeye Partners L.P.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ROLE SUMMARY:
This role will be the Industrial Hygiene program owner. Responsibilities include developing and implementing the company s IH strategy. This position will act as the SME for IH matters to maintain operational compliance with applicable regulations and Buckeye s commitment to Best in Class .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* ENTERPRISE INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE AND HEALTH MANAGEMENT: Ensure the development and successful implementation of companywide Industrial Hygiene and Workplace Health program and strategy. Own, maintain and drive continuous improvement of the various safety systems used across the enterprise.
* MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES: Ensuring the successful implementation and maintenance of companywide Industrial Hygiene and Workplace Health programs. Programs include but not limited to; IH relevant sampling, chemical approvals, GHS, radiation, respiratory and MSP, hearing conservation and ergonomics and radiation. Oversee and coordinate any external consulting relationships to efficiently and effectively accomplish goals and align with company processes.
* COMMUNICATION EFFECTIVENESS: Using communication to influence, guide, and motivate with tact, reasoning, and sensitivity. Participating in ongoing dialogue with colleagues to gain alignment on Industrial Hygiene compliance systems and Industry Best Practices. Training and mentoring staff and other key stakeholders on new and/or modified procedures. Making presentations to groups of employees/managers.
* LEADERSHIP: Able to drive activity in the business despite not having direct control over assets and resources. Effectively uses informal authority while working collaboratively with peers. Teach/mentor HSSE personnel to deepen functional bench strength in performance and talent management issues.
* PROGRAM METRICS: Develop and maintain the appropriate program metrics and KPI s to ensure continuous improvement. Monitor the company s compliance by collecting and analyzing field data and providing recommendations to Maangement for improvement stratgies. Support the development and management of IH Data Management Systems and work with internal customers, subject matter experts, and IT staff to develop enhancements to the system.
* TRAINING AND EDUCATION: Develop and deliver compliance training and educational initiatives for the enterprise with regular sessions and ongoing content additions. Support consistent implementation of the company s training requirements.
* INCIDENT INVESTIGATION. Lead and or Support incident investigations. Must be capable of leading RCA for IH and Workplace Health illness and exposures as well as support RCA for major incident/event such as for injuries and vehicle accidents, or other incidents as required.
* POLICY: Developing internal strategies and policies and ensuring coordination to create and manage consistent companywide process safety policies.
* COMPLIANCE: Evaluate and communicate emerging Industrial Hygiene and Workplace Health legislation, Industry Best Practices and Industry Event Learnings. Liaising with relevant authorities and industry leaders. Compiling statistics. Developing reports, bulletins and newsletters
* RISK REDUCTION AND CONTROL STRATEGIES: Identifying, assessing, and documenting risk reduction and control strategies for Industrial Hygiene workplace risk and exposures and collaborating on control activities.
* And other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Health and Safety related field is preferred.
* Minimum 10 years experience in Industrial Hygiene and Safety related role.
* Must have practical field experience in implementing IH programs (i.e. personnel and area monitoring, hazard assessments, respiratory protection, radiation, and hearing conservation) for pipeline, terminal (storage, rail, truck rack and marine) and processing projects and operations
* Must have experience in managing a corporate level IH program
* The candidate must have an excellent working knowledge of OSHA, regulations.
* Up to 40 - 50% travel
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
* CSP/CIH or other relevant certifications preferred
OTHER SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES:
* This position requires someone with exceptional written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, presentation and strong interpersonal skills.
* As a service-oriented job, the position requires a great deal of scheduling flexibility and responsiveness.
* Ability to influence and work across different business lines/operations effectively.
* This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
* This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
PHYSICAL & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
* Normal office environment. Activities could involve extensive travel, some of which could be last minute for extended periods of time.
* There are times the position demands working for extended periods of time under adverse conditions (weather dependent) with little or no sleep such as when participating in emergency response activities.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Send This Job to a Friend