Program Manager-Senior, Lakewood, CO, US ID# 16380
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/16/2019
END DATE 12/4/2019
Cherokee Nation Businesses
JOB DESCRIPTIONProgram Manager-Senior, Lakewood, CO, US ID# 16380
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical disciplines, including global vulnerability assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program management and professional services with partners in Information Technology. CNSP is owned by Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of the company's profits support future business investments and the well-being of the tribe's citizens through health care, education and job creation, ensuring better lives for Cherokees today and tomorrow.
For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-cnsp.com
CNSP is looking for a Program Manager-Senior to support the Department of Energy (DOE) Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) Headquarters in Lakewood, CO and lead our team supporting the Office of Design and Engineering under this Technical Support Services contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* The candidates must have professional program management experience to provide technical leadership and guidance supporting the Office Design and Engineering programs in support of DOE WAPA Regions.
* The candidate selected for this position will perform a broad range of management activities of large or extremely complex design and construction efforts.
* Interact with the client and subcontractors to understand project requirements, schedule, and resources.
* Manage day-to-day work through delegation of client-delegated tasks. Assign tasks, monitor progress, ensure quality and on-time completion, and report to customer Senior Program Manager.
* Initiate new tasks including development and planning activities/tasks, identify and coordinate with stakeholders, identify and coordinate project activities, maintain schedules.
* Organize, direct, and coordinate planning and production of all program/effort activities.
* Maintain responsibility for the performance of all assigned program/effort requirements.
* Meet with appropriate client management personnel, other program managers, and client agency representatives.
* Actively apply quality assurance measures to the management and performance of the program/effort.
* Monitor and control to ensure project activities and tasks are being met in accordance with requirements.
* This position will have some supervisory or anagement authority.
Education and/or Experience:
* As a minimum, a high school degree or equivalent is required. Formal college level courses in drafting, math and supervision or an associate's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical technology or electrical technology or a combination of academic and work experience in the engineering fields are required.
* BA/BS or MA/MS is highly desired.
* A minimum of ten (10) years progressive responsibility is required in the areas of drafting, engineering files maintenance and computer-aided engineering operations.
* Recent experience (within the last five (5) years) must include managing multiple projects simultaneously from initiation through completion. Also, the recent experience must include four (4) years managing a diverse staff of design and engineering professionals.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) or other professional licensure, registration, or certification is highly desirable.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Utilizing and applying computer software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Working knowledge of design and drafting practices and fabrication and field construction techniques is required.
* Working knowledge of Quality Assurance principles is required.
* Working knowledge of federal and state codes/guidelines is required.
* Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional and courteous manner in diversified situations.
* This position is primarily performed in a secured federal office setting, a controlled office environment as well as working outside in a job site environment.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses' (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies - from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.