Program Planning Manager (REMOTE)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2020
END DATE 10/20/2020
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONBUSINESS UNIT:
Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
JOB SUMMARY: Lead the planning and control function, which aims to provide a high-quality support service to project managers and independent expert view of project status to senior management. Oversee the robust risk management processes, ensure currency of the project management policies and processes and provide dependable resource management. Incumbent will contribute to the operational strategies of the company, manage system developments within the company s project control area and provide analysis to support the integrity of the company s project controls. This position typically works under general supervision. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Lead and manage the planning and control (PMO) function of the business
* Ensures program performance adheres to contractual, internal cost, schedule constraints and projections.
* Provide planning capability in the preparation, monitoring and updating of project plans for projects, using the Primavera software packages, and to ensure plans are realistic and accurate.
* Support project managers/engineers in the construction of resourced project plans using Primavera in line with company standards and the project structure as identified by the project manager
* Supervises the preparation of all master and detailed schedules, Cost Schedule Status Reports (CSSR), Earned Value (EV) and variance analysis reports (VAR).
* Provides program schedule support to all relevant departments.
* Establishes program baselines, status, monitoring, analysis and supports estimates to complete (ETC s) preparation.
* Report significant schedule slippages, critical path analysis and to highlight foreseen risks and opportunities to the program manager and other senior managers.
* Interfaces with all departments to keep each informed on program performance issues (both cost and schedule), potential impacts and makes recommendations for possible corrective actions/solutions.
* Prepares all necessary work around schedules when required.
* Interfaces with all department manager / leads to prepare and maintain the monthly resource manpower forecast. Review and analyze to insure for accuracy.
* Prepares schedule control training materials and courses. Conduct internal classes for all personnel on an as require basis.
* Interfaces with customer on an as require basis.
* Co-ordinate monthly risk management updates and maintain the risk management tool
* Drive forward company resource planning, capabilities and optimization of company resources
* Key attendee of monthly program/business review meetings.
* Assist in the analysis of costing reports received by project managers.
* Assist/advise in reporting of progress to customers, senior management and project team members.
* Assist sales and marketing department (and bid management) as required in the preparation of proposals and estimates.
* Advise on techniques for analyzing progress, identifying problem areas, establishing current position and forecasting trends.
* Maintain and improve planning department and project management policies and procedures.
* Participate as a member of management in the achievement of the Business Unit goals and objectives.
* Support senior management as and when required.
* Foster continuous improvement across planning and project controls
* Identification of areas for business improvement
* Comply with Cubic s Quality Management System and Ethics policy and procedures
* Comply with Cubic Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures.
* Comply with security in accordance with established policies and procedures of the organisation.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Four year college degree, or equivalent, in an Engineering or Business related discipline, plus a minimum eight years planning experience. Proficient working within an engineering / development environment. Proficient working with planning and spreadsheet packages. Must be experienced with budgeting and standard/cost accounting procedures/policies. Must possess excellent communication, organization and administrative skills. Must be available for domestic and possible international travel. Cost/Schedule Control System Criteria (C/SCSC) background desirable. Project Management experience. Experience with Primavera preferred. Committed, enthusiastic individual, with positive attitude and drive to overcome obstacles. Self-motivated and proactive decision maker, able to work unsupervised without fear of failure. Proven ability to build, develop and lead own team and gain support and respect from peers. Ability to understand and respond to business priorities and requirements. Exceptional interpersonal skills and understanding of organizations. Able to cope with continually changing demand. Attention to detail.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law