Programs & Operations Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/22/2020
END DATE 2/14/2020
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
Under the direction of the Brain Research Institute's CAO and Director, you will represent the BRI in member communications, program and resource coordination, training grant competitive renewal submissions, and direct operational support for the calendar of activities supported by the Brian Research Institute and the larger UCLA neuroscience community.
In this position, you will serve as the memberships' point of contact for the coordination and fostering of cross-disciplinary scientific communications. You will have immediate oversight of all media and print materials produced for the annual activities. Our Programs & Operations Coordinator will manage publications and communications including oversight of the BRI website content including collaborating with the BRI Principal Scientific Editor and in consultation with IT programmers on the design and scope of information contained on the website. Publications management includes compilation of information and final copy editor for all publications. Qualifications
* Demonstrated social skills and knowledge of social protocol to serve as events manager for verity of Institute functions.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and formulate action plans.
* Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills to quickly identify problems/needs and to develop immediate, innovative and /or sequential solutions.
* Demonstrated ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgement.
* Demonstrated ability to perform detailed work with high degree of accuracy.
* Demonstrated ability to develop, perform and finalize projects and reports on budget and on time.
* Excellent organizational abilities and skill in working effectively under competing deadlines, frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
* Demonstrated ability to write and edit for a variety of publications and numerous formats with exceptional spelling, grammar and punctuation skills.
* Excellent verbal communication skills, using correct language skills.
* Written communication skills to impart information clearly and diplomatically to all levels of the university community and to the public.
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills using tact and diplomacy to establish and maintain cooperative and professional relationships with faculty, students, administrators, staff, vendors, donors, and the general public.
* Working knowledge of computer software (Outlook, work, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, EndNote, etc.)
* Demonstrated knowledge of university procurement, travel and reimbursement policies and procedures to provide supervision of junior support staff processing travel and procurement activities (preferred)
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.