Project Assistant:Co-Op / Per Diem / Day / BWH BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/23/2019
END DATE 2/15/2020
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe co-op position supports the Director for Scientific Programs & Partnerships and the Program Coordinator at the Brigham Research Institute (BRI). Activities will include tasks related to multiple BRI events and funding opportunities among others. The co-op will have the opportunity to work on range of administrative tasks related to both endeavors. These include assisting in planning and hosting research related events and managing the work flow of funding opportunities. Additionally, the co-op will assist with collecting, analyzing and creating simple representations of metrics from ongoing and past BRI funding mechanisms. The co-op might also be asked to assist with other BRI activities including drafting minutes, making PowerPoint presentations etc as necessary.
A crucial part of the co-op is being able to work with the BRI staff in a flexible manner and being responsive to the evolving needs of the institute. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, have strong oral and written communication skills and possess basic Microsoft Office knowledge.
This is a temporary, full time position.
* High school graduate with college credits required
* Active/enrolled college undergraduate required.
* Prefer individuals with science or patient-care background OR interest in science, research and administration
* Highly organized with the ability to take the initiative and manage smaller projects independently.
* Ability to work independently on projects
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office. Advanced skills preferred
* Ability to multi-task on a daily basis
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.