Project Developer, Charging Infrastructure
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 8/4/2020
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTION*This position will cover Southern California and can be based in Los Angeles, Orange County, or San Diego*
Tesla is looking for an autonomous, business-oriented executer that can manage all phases of the site development process for all Tesla Charging products. The Project Developer finds the best places to host Tesla charging products. They manage site selection, contract negotiation with site hosts, utility and permitting feasibility studies, and ensuring efficient project hand-off to the Tesla installation team for construction and close-out. The Project Developer is fully responsible for ensuring current and future Tesla customers have the best experience at the most convenient charging stations, whether it s a Supercharger on a long-distance road trip or a Wall Connector at one of their favorite downtown destinations. The responsibilities of this position may change over time. This role requires flexibility and the ability to adapt to the evolving needs of the programs, projects and the organization.
* Develop and manage pipeline of potential site hosts that will meet the market s goals to serve current and future Tesla customers
* Build and maintain relationships with key deployment partners
* Develop, refine and manage comprehensive site due diligence
* Lead efforts to obtain all necessary approvals from utilities and permitting authorities
* Work with attorneys to draft, negotiate and close site host agreements
* Work closely with installation partners to assess and manage installation costs and timeline
* Highly organized, able to project manage 20+ projects in various phases simultaneously without missing a beat
* Autonomous, high-motor approach to execution and achievement. Self-motivated and outspoken about what is needed to get a job done
* Comfortable communicating with all types of stakeholders, including CEOs, facility managers, city planners, marketing managers, and utility planners
* Business model-oriented must be able to understand the needs of site hosts and work with them to meet a business goal with Tesla charging
* Excellent communication skills: strategic listener, conscious conversationalist, and the ability to persuade and impact people from a wide range of roles and backgrounds
* Aggressive approach to reducing risk and getting ahead of problems before they impact project timelines
* Experience with contracts, real estate, utility planning, charging infrastructure, charging infrastructure policy, or local permitting a major plus.
* Role location is flexible between Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.