Project Director 5/2/2020
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary: Responsible for all operational and program specific matters in support of personnel and Government customers while maintaining a positive working relationship with customer. Support Business Development in order to support a strategy that will provide corporate growth and other business opportunities.
* Coordinate with Human Resources the staffing needs to support program specific hiring requirements.
* Responsible for oversight and management of all team member travel to support customer program and mission.
* Support Department of Defense ( "DoD) acquisition requirements, prepare cost estimates and spend plans, and support proposal writing.
* Oversee Project Leaders, Program Managers and Team Leads to ensure corporate and government policies are enforced and program objectives are met.
* Develop and review processes across multiple Company business units including Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Contracts, Security, and Deployment in order to promote collaboration and ensure seamless program support.
* Accountable for managing direct budgets to ensure that they are in accordance with Earned Value Management ( "EVM) standards;
* Review funding and ceiling limits, customer invoices and monthly productivity and utilization reports.
* Responsible for maintaining and expanding work efforts in a prescribed business space or specific customer as well as securing new work.
Experience, Qualifications and Education:
* Must have 10+ years of relevant experience in the Defense and Government contracting industry as laid out below.
* Must have successful, documented, proven leadership/management assignments
* Must be detail oriented and have good organizations skills.
* Must understand and have experience interpreting and applying DoD Acquisition practices in preparing and updating cost estimates for existing efforts, as well as new cost estimates in response to Government solicitations.
* Must possess strong writing skills in order to develop corporate level materials required for existing and new business development opportunities.
* Must have leadership skills firsthand experience managing, leading and overseeing government contracts/programs.
* Must have experience overseeing government invoicing and resolving billing with Finance, Accounting Department and Program Manager Contracting Officer.
* Must have strong managing skills as well as experience in developing, refining, distributing, communicating and enforcing policies.
* Must possess a DoD Secret Security clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of computer.
* This work is primarily sedentary with some carrying of light items such as computer reports, boxes, files and folders.
* Position may require candidate to be able to work beyond the normal workday to support any time sensitive projects.
* Position may require individual to work beyond the normal workday to support time sensitive projects.
* Travel requirements 10-25% per year.
Telesis maintains a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants in every facet of the company s operations. In compliance with federal and state laws, Telesis hires, trains, and promotes all qualified employees without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, and any other legally protected status