Project Director - Proposal 8/19/2020
University Research Co., LLC
Chevy Chase, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: Project Director - Proposal
JOB ID: 1507
# OF OPENINGS: 1
PROJECT DIRECTOR - PROPOSAL
HOURS: Full-time, Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Chevy Chase,MD; Global
SALARY: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CO., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of health services and strengthen health systems to address maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. URC s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (HTTP://WWW.URC-CHS.COM/).
URC is seeking an experienced Project Director for a major upcoming USAID-funded supply chain technical assistance program. The Project Director will provide overall technical vision and oversight for the project, manage consortium partners, and ensure effective contract implementation at the global and country levels to meet the project s goals and objectives. S/he will ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions, USAID rules and regulations, company policies and procedure and ensure systems are in place to deliver the highest caliber of technical assistance. while managing costs against budgets and identifying and mitigating risks. The Project Director will serve as the principal representative of the project with USAID/Washington and will be responsible for furnishing appropriate central-level reports, and maintaining regular and ongoing communications with the COTR as necessary. S/he will also serve as main liaison with partners and other stakeholders.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide strategic and technical leadership, consortium management, and administration of the project.
* Serve as the primary liaison between URC and USAID/Washington, consortium partners, and other stakeholders.
* Monitor project performance to achieve project goals and objectives.to ensure the provision of timely and targeted technical assistance in support of the delivery of life-saving health commodities, equipment, and infrastructural inputs in priority countries across the globe.
* Provide oversight for budgeting processes, budget tracking, and ensuring expenditures are allowable, allocable, and reasonable in accordance with USAID rules and regulations
* Ensure timely submission of high quality and comprehensive project reports according to agreed upon deadlines and respond promptly to other informational requests by USAID as needed.
* Serve as a spokesperson and advocate, representing the project to the USG, donors, relevant stakeholders, cooperating agencies and others.
* Ensure appropriate and timely documentation and dissemination of key results using a variety of communication strategies and media.
* Build and maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, partners, and suppliers.
* Ensure effective compliance with USAID/USG rules and regulations, and URC policies and procedures, as well as in-country laws.
* Recruit and supervise staff to meet evolving project demands, including management of a roster of technical experts with national and international expertise to contribute to project s needed as required.
* Advanced degree (MD/DO, Masters, or PhD) in health, social sciences, or a relevant field.
* At least 10 years of experience of progressively responsible experience in managing complex, large development projects with responsibility for supervising senior-level staff.
* At least ten years of experience in technical assistance for supply chain management, including expertise in one or more key areas, such as supporting and strengthening warehousing, distribution, quantification, forecasting, procurement, transportation, and information systems, and private sector engagement.
* Demonstrated leadership and management abilities in leading development projects
* Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with USAID, national and subnational government officials and institutions, non-governmental organizations, private sector groups, civil society organizations, and other donors.
* Demonstrated experience ensuring contractual compliance with USG rules and regulations.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and mentor/coach direct reports.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills.
* English fluency required; secondary language fluency desired.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC s Career Opportunities page at
YOU MUST UPLOAD YOUR CV/R SUM AND YOUR COVER LETTER WHERE INDICATED. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID FORM 1420 CONTRACTOR EMPLOYEE BIOGRAPHICAL DATA SHEET as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
CONTINGENT ON CONTRACT AWARD
URC IS AN E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
URC IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE VALUE AND SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.
Apply for this Position