Project Engineer 1/14/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Garver is seeking a PROJECT ENGINEER in Houston, Texas to join our established Texas Water team. The Project Engineer will be led by a Project Manager on a team consisting of multi-discipline design engineers and CAD technicians focused on the production of design phase deliverables including reports, technical memoranda, design manuals, plans, sections, details and specifications. The Project Engineer must be capable of working closely with clients to ensure their expectations of service are exceeded.
This position will be responsible for engineering calculations and detailed design for a variety of projects, such as:
* Water distribution including pumping and storage
* Sewer collection including pumping.
* Water and wastewater treatment plants
* Improvements and retrofitting of existing treatment facilities
The Garver Water Team prides itself on being innovative and progressive while preserving a rich tradition of quality design. We focus on creating cost-effective designs for long-term operational efficiency while maintaining community and environmental responsibility.
GROW WITH US
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
* Bachelor s degree in civil, biological, or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program Registered as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT)
* Previous internship experience related to design of water/wastewater systems
* Strong communications skills
* Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
* Master s degree in civil, biological, or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
* AutoCAD experience
* Working towards a Professional Engineer license
* Experience in study, design, and construction administration of water and wastewater facilities and systems
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with more than 700 employees spread between more than 30 offices in 13 states. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, power, transportation, survey, and water, Garver sits in the top 150 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver, LLC is an affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national origin, veterans, religion or disability, in programs, activities, hiring and employment and complies with all civil rights provisions.Complaints of alleged discrimination or if you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact Tatiana Herrington, Director of Human Resources, TBHerrington@GarverUSA.com, (501) 537-3256.