Project Engineer VI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/28/2020
END DATE 4/24/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONMISSION / SUMMARY: Position is responsible for all related items in project management to successfully lead fast paced projects supporting various areas of the mill. This position also performs as a lead and/or team member of various project teams where capital improvements have been identified against specific business issues. Also serves as a coordinator or clearing house of ideas for improvement techniques and implementation strategies. The successful candidate will understand and align business operations and Engineering as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTION: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
* Provide safety leadership by treating safety equal to production in designs, following mill safety policies and being an example to contractors and construction managers.
* Design and coordinate installation of electrical, Process controls and some mechanical equipment products or plant systems.
* Analyze product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs that can be utilized in existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
* Determine feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
* Provide technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant production processes.
* Directs and coordinates manufacturing and installation of improvements and/or plant systems.
* Evaluate engineering test results for possible application to developments of systems or other uses.
* Work with maintenance and operations to troubleshoot equipment and process problems, providing technical support to reach resolution.
* Lead and guide project work with an emphasis on electrical and control systems.
* Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical support information.
* Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the installation and maintenance requirements for mill process applications.
* Specify system components or direct modification of equipment systems to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
* Research, design, evaluate, install, and support maintenance of electrical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet industrial requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
* Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations for resolution to maintenance supervision and crews.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* 3 - 5 years manufacturing experience in heavy industry with paper mill experience preferred.
* 1 - 2 years' capital project management experience.
* Project management and leadership skills.
* Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a day in and day out basis.
* Must be able to motivate, communicate and drive continuous improvement.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
* Solid planning, leadership, and administrative skills.
* Experience in industrial maintenance supervision is desirable.
SKILLS: Skills include but not limited to the following.
* Effective written and verbal communications skills
* Effective strategic planning, problem solving, interpersonal, and analytical skills
* Computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Software, Excel, Word and Outlook
* SAP experience preferred
* Design skills, presenting technical information, equipment maintenance experience.
* Able to balance Safety, Quality, project planning and execution, technical zeal, and project costs versus benefits.
* General schedule is M-F assignment; however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
* Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
* Sitting or standing for extended periods up to 8-hours.
* Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
* Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
* Integrity & Trust
* Action Oriented
* Priority Setting
* Drive for Results
* Time Management
* Dealing with Ambiguity
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.