This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
Carl Zeiss Industrial Metrology LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONPROJECT ENGINEER
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That s just what our employees are doing every single day in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
This position is responsible for programming, troubleshooting, debugging, preparation, and support of the ZEISS Automation Inspection product line and other automation third party products from helping the customer to develop the Scope of Work (SOW) to realizing and commissioning the project. In addition, a Project Engineer will create programs and code from scratch; train customers and clients as needed.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE KEEN TO TRY SOMETHING NEW:
* Participate in the project planning, installation and maintenance of automation (including robotic) measuring cells in production.
* Support new and existing image processing systems, primarily in the automotive industry.
* Provide technical support in our demonstration image processing robotics lab.
* Communicate project status to the Project Managers, and support account teams, as necessary.
* Compile feasibility studies and performance specifications based on technical specifications and requirement specifications.
* Startup automatic image processing systems, typically mounted on robots, at customer sites in North America.
* Determine and execute corrective actions for installation errors, customer changes, or unanticipated circumstances in coordination with your supervisor.
* Provide technical expertise and system knowledge for sales support and assistance with solution development to meet specific customer Metrology hardware needs.
* Develop initial "Theory of Operation" and "Scope of Work" with customer and sales for project bid.
* Review project for compatibility with existing automated systems.
* Communicate customer changes and needs to supplier engineering (Engineering/Manufacturing changes).
* Work with Project Managers in reviewing scope of work and obtain customer buy-off upon project completion.
* Interpret engineering drawings and specifications to actively develop and provide installation instructions and checklists in compliance with contract drawing, site coordination, and installation requirements.
* Complete administrative requirements as required.
* Other duties as required.
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering or technical training and experience in corresponding environment.
* Robotics experience preferred.
* Familiarity with fieldwork and/or robot programming practices (ABB, Fanuc, KUKA, etc.) preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of technical controls and strong troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to work independently and problem solve.
* Demonstration of a professional attitude and courtesy towards others.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
* Willingness to travel/work overtime/work any shift/work weekends.
* Valid Driver's License and Passport.
* Able to read and understand mechanical engineering drawings.
* Strong aptitude for continued learning and troubleshooting.
* Software capabilities: AutoCAD and 3D design preferred.
* Knowledge of Mechanical Assemblies, fixturing, tooling, industrial automation preferred.
* Experience in providing turn-key systems with integration to external equipment preferred.
* Familiarity with specifications for building, foundations, electrical preferred.
* Able to read and understand controls drawings preferred.
* Able to read and understand electrical diagrams preferred.
* Experience in sales and/or needs analysis in a turn-key capital equipment sales environment preferred.
* Broad based knowledge in areas from fixturing and automation to foundations and environment controls preferred.
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
JOIN US TODAY. INSPIRE PEOPLE TOMORROW.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer