Project Executive (Higher Education)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/17/2019
END DATE 5/1/2020
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONBecome Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more. This includes:
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* 401(k) with company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
* Vacation Time
* Sick Time
* Paid Personal Days
* Paid Volunteer time
* Tuition Assistance
* Employee Referral Bonus
At Balfour Beatty Construction in San Diego, California we are seeking a Project Executive or experienced Senior Project Manager to work on various Higher Education job-sites.The primary role of the Project Executive is to be the project leader ultimately responsible for all aspects of the project s success including a positive referral from the Clients. The Project Executive ensures project success through monitoring the processes, progress and results of the following: Client satisfaction, team effectiveness, employee development, financial goals, quality and schedule. Serving as the liaison between the jobsite, the Business Unit Leader (BUL) and the main office, the Project Executive provides the support and resources that are needed by the Project Manager and Superintendent to perform their duties.
* Participate in development, execution and presentations of proposals.
* Participate in preconstruction meetings.
* Oversee the buy-out of the project.
* Verify accurate financial forecasting.
* Monitor budget, schedule, and quality.
* Review and approve deliverables.
* Manage risk in accordance with company guidelines.
* Evaluate monthly project financial performance.
* Manage the strategic account process.
* Oversee the development of the initial project schedule.
* Supervise the process of project start-up.
* Encourage employee growth by mentoring and managing development plans.
* Inform Business Unit Leader (BUL) overseeing project of issues and status.
* Assure that Company policies and procedures are implemented on the project.
* Monitor enforcement of project safety policies and procedures.
* Oversee the finalization of any outstanding issues with Owner, Subcontractors, and Vendors at project closeout.
* Bachelor of Science degree required.
* 15 years or more of commercial construction experience in project management.
* 5 plus years experience working on Higher Education Commercial Construction projects.
* Ten years or more of direct supervisory experience.
* Experience with project manager software (Constructware, P6, Timberline, etc.)
* Experience with cost projection, financial analysis, budget reviews, labor reports
* Experience with JD Edwards or similar construction application(s)
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm , we are challenging the construction industry s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.