Project Leader (DigitalBCG) 9/2/2020
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location: Atlanta, Boston, Calgary, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Montreal, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, Washington, D.C.
Geography: North America
Capabilities: Technology & digital
Industries: Technology industries
WHO WE ARE
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
BCG has a long history of driving growth by embracing innovation and new ways of thinking. Through DigitalBCG, we bring together a diverse mix of consultants and digital specialists to ensure that we are supporting our clients throughout their digital transformation journeys. We work with our clients to fully understand the impact of digital on their business and set priorities that will transform their vision into value. Whether it be developing new technologies to support their core business, making better use of their data, or pursuing entirely new sources of revenue, our aim is to achieve radical improvements in productivity, flexibility, and speed. We are innovating how our clients are using artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, internet of things, personalization, blockchain technologies, and more to gain competitive advantage.
DigitalBCG encompasses a broad set of data, digital, and technology capabilities from BCG consulting teams and practices, along with our business units such as BCG Digital Ventures, BCG Platinion, and BCG GAMMA.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO
As a DigitalBCG Project Leader, you will lead a team of BCG consultants and digital specialists advising clients on a range of topics that align to your areas of expertise and interests, including, but not limited to the following:
* Digital Transformation & Strategy: Helping clients rethink the impact of digital on their business and accelerate their transformation efforts.
* Customer Centricity: Reinventing the Customer Experience, leveraging journey maps, deep customer empathy, and data to create transformative digital interfaces, marketing strategies, and process innovations.
* Digital Marketing & Personalization: Optimizing digital marketing programs across all digital channels and levers, including precision marketing, and analytics-enabled, one-to-one personalization.
* Big Data & Analytics: Driving transformational value through cutting-edge applications of AI and Machine Learning tools that are fully scaled into the business.
* New Ways of Working: Building ongoing organizational change capabilities, and helping clients transform into digital enterprises that continue to develop and innovate with speed, at scale.
* Transformation of the Technology Function and Technology Build: Redesigning technology functions to improve flexibility, efficiency, and Business-IT alignment.
As a Digital Strategy Project Leader, you can expect to spend approximately half your time working on digital topics, and the other half working on a broader set of critical, unique challenges presented by our clients. Project Leaders work at the forefront of client engagements, serving as a key driver of client value. At BCG, we set our standard for value creation high, challenging ourselves to deliver tangible and positive change, not simply presentations or ideas. Our work must provide next-level insights, change the mindset of our clients, and lead directly to clients taking action and executing their business in new ways.
In addition to managing the holistic program for clients, you will also coach and inspire your team to develop their consulting and digital skills, creating opportunities for team members to learn and grow. Working alongside BCG and client project leaders, you will contribute expertise, synthesize recommendations, challenge work in progress, and re-orient analyses as necessary. Finally, you will contribute to BCG s intellectual capital in the digital space, defining industry leading thinking, contributing to the Practice Area development and helping build BCG s brand as a digital leader.
WHO YOU LL WORK WITH
The companies that are winning the digital future are those that embrace digital diversity: diverse perspectives, diverse skills, and diverse capabilities. BCG s digital teams reflect this diversity, combining digital-savvy business consultants and industry experts with a full spectrum of digital specialists.
As you collaborate with BCG Associates, Consultants, and Principals, you will increase your understanding of complex business problems from a wide range of perspectives and develop new skills. At the same time, you ll partner with senior clients, taking on the role of trusted advisor, and work at all levels of the client organization to find and execute value creation strategies that result in game changing outcomes for our clients.
WHAT YOU\'LL BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
* A minimum of 4+ years of work experience within digital fields, including product management, digital marketing & analytics, and/or designing & delivering world-class software products, in leading digital companies and/or start-ups.
* Ideally 3-5 years of experience in a consulting environment, driving large-scale transformations, with a history of excellent client service. Core consulting skills are critically important in this role:
* Strong analytic skills and a high capacity for conceptual thinking.
* Ability to develop leading-edge business models, frameworks for analysis, and long-term business strategies that maximize shareholder value.
* Must be able to thrive in a hypothesis-based environment where inductive rather than deductive reasoning is the norm.
* Deep experience and clear alignment with at least one industry where we could see an immediate fit with our business.
* History of building credibility and relationships with leaders, technical and non-technical people to align on strategy, inspire stakeholders, and execute on a day-to-day basis. The ability to work with and lead multi-disciplinary teams including engineers, architects, data scientists or whatever is required to solve the client s challenge will be vital to success.
* Proven experience managing the end-to-end product lifecycle, determining the product vision and roadmap, delivering strong customer experiences, and managing stakeholder interactions.
* Advanced quantitative analysis, solid business acumen and problem solving ability. High capacity for strategic/end-to-end thinking.
* Excellent communication and persuasion skills.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.