Project Leader/Principal (Industrial Goods, Transportation & Logistics)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/2/2019
END DATE 12/2/2019
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT US
Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with more than 90 offices in 50 countries. For more information, please visit bcg.com
PRACTICE AREA PROFILE
BCG s Industrial Goods practice serves four broad industrial segments: Automotive & Mobility, Engineered Products & Infrastructure, Materials & Process Industries, and Transportation & Logistics. We help companies in these sectors think beyond the limits of their traditional business models, choose where and how they should add value, and reorganize to defend themselves against new threats and explore new opportunities.
WHAT WE NEED
BCG IS LOOKING FOR PROJECT LEADER AND PRINCIPAL CONSULTANTS TO HELP TRANSPORTATION & LOGISTICS CLIENTS ENHANCE PERFORMANCE AND BUILD NEW CAPABILITIES THAT ENABLE THEM TO ACHIEVE LONG-TERM COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE IN THE US RAIL SECTOR, WITH A FOCUS ON FREIGHT. THE ABILITY TO STRUCTURE AND EXECUTE COMPLEX STRATEGIC PROJECTS AND/OR LARGE-SCALE TRANSFORMATION EFFORTS WILL ALSO BE CRITICAL TO SUCCESS.
WHAT YOU LL DO
As part of our Industrial Goods practice s Transportation & Logistics sector, you will help our rail and other T&L clients think beyond the limits of traditional business models, reorganize to defend against emerging threats, and seize new opportunities.
Nowadays, rail companies face operational challenges while seeing huge opportunities in providing sustainable transport solutions for freight and passenger. Digitalization has come to the rail sector and is poised to change operating models, operational routines, asset utilization and other core elements of the industry. Hence, rail players need to transform their business models to ensure that even in a changing and challenging markets, revenue growth leads to higher returns.
As a Project Leader/ Principal in our Industrial Goods Practice, you will advise industry leaders in the rail and broader transportation & logistics space, supporting them to improve or transform their businesses to achieve excellence in what they do. That can be anything from assessing PSR impact, or optimizing fleet management to digitalizing their commercial functions and introducing new, dynamic pricing models.
Additionally you will lead BCG project teams enabling them to find the right approach, motivate them to deliver on time and to achieve long-term impact for our clients.
What will be expected of you in this role is to:
* Support the growth of our Rail sector through case execution, client development, and intellectual property & product creation
* Advise teams and clients who are key stakeholders of the rail system, such as industrial users, technology and service companies, and potential investors
* Execute or provide expertise on projects within the Rail sector for our key clients in the U.S.
* Provide intellectual leadership for the project teams by generating key ideas and conceptual frameworks to guide research and analysis
* Contribute to the creation of BCG s intellectual capital on different topics within the Rail industry: Publications, toolkits, benchmarks, templates, processes as well as position papers, studies and insights from case experience
* Provide mentorship and support to consultants ensuring their continuous development
WHO YOU LL WORK WITH
THE INDUSTRIAL GOODS PRACTICE SERVES 4 BROAD INDUSTRIAL SEGMENTS: AUTOMOTIVE & MOBILITY, ENGINEERED PRODUCTS & INFRASTRUCTURE, MATERIALS & PROCESS INDUSTRIES, AND TRANSPORTATION & LOGISTICS. YOU WILL BE WORKING DIRECTLY WITH THE BCG MANAGING DIRECTOR & PARTNER TEAM IN THE NORTHEAST AND GREAT LAKES SYSTEMS FOCUSING ON RAIL CLIENTS, MANAGING TEAMS OF CONSULTANTS ON A DAY-TO-DAY BASIS TO DRIVE HIGH-LEVEL INSIGHTS AND OUTSTANDING CLIENT IMPACT.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU LL COLLABORATE WITH BCG TEAM MEMBERS FROM MANY BACKGROUNDS AND DISCIPLINES IN A TEAM-ORIENTED, RELATIONSHIP-DRIVEN ENVIRONMENT. WORKING ALONGSIDE SOME OF THE WORLD S TOP MINDS ON CASES THAT RESHAPE BUSINESS, GOVERNMENT AND SOCIETY, YOU WILL INCREASE YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF COMPLEX BUSINESS PROBLEMS FROM DIVERSE PERSPECTIVES, AND DEVELOP NEW SKILLS. AT THE SAME TIME, YOU LL PARTNER WITH SENIOR CLIENTS, TAKING ON THE ROLE OF TRUSTED ADVISOR, AND WORK AT ALL LEVELS OF THE CLIENT ORGANIZATION TO FIND AND EXECUTE VALUE CREATION STRATEGIES THAT RESULT IN MEANINGFUL, ENDURING IMPACT.
* A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in management consulting supporting clients in the Industrial Goods space.
* Relevant and proven Rail experience related to strategy projects, commercial growth initiatives, cost optimization efforts, and transformations.
* Experience leading teams of consultants, working closely together with Managing Directors & Partners, and engaging with executive level client teams.
* Expert communication and presentation skills. Ability to synthesize the team s work into recommendations for presentation to clients, and deliver oral and written reports to client management.
* Strong analytical skills and a high capacity for conceptual thinking. Ability to develop leading edge business models, frameworks for analysis, and long-term business strategies that maximize shareholder value.
* Proven ability to manage client engagements, client relationships, and provide thought leadership to teams, owning the responsibility for the quality of engagements.
* A solid track record of building strong client relationships with large organizations, as well as identifying opportunities to deepen those relationships and grow the business.
YOU LL BE BASED IN:
CHICAGO OR BOSTON PREFERRED, OTHER NORTHEAST OR GREAT LAKES CITIES MAY ALSO BE POSSIBLE
YOU LL BE TRAVELING:
80% TRAVEL ANTICIPATED
Date Posted: 28-Aug-2019
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify..