This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2019
END DATE 5/2/2020
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: This project management position reports to the Executive Director Ambulatory Operations and Performance Management in the Department of Ambulatory Services. Ambulatory Services is responsible for defining and implementing best practices for ambulatory service delivery and for promoting operational excellence and regulatory compliance across the 100+ BIDMC ambulatory settings. Areas of focus include service excellence, patient access, revenue cycle, clinical operations, call centers and metrics/measurement.
The Executive Director is seeking a talented project manager who has a passion for problem solving and promoting performance improvement work. Project manager will be involved in a variety of projects and will be expected to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet department objectives and deadlines. Candidates should have strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills, be self-directed, and have strong communication skills and excellent presentation abilities.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 31641BR
JOB SUMMARY: This position is a key member of project teams that are responsible for implementing major projects to change or enhance business practices, processes and systems for the department. Draws on a broad understanding of the medical center and departmental practices and policies,
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides assistance to the Executive Director of Ambulatory Operations through coordination of multiple initiatives and projects across ambulatory services in support of performance improvement work in the areas of revenue cycle, patient access and contact centers, clinical practices operations, and regulatory readiness.
* Performs root cause analysis to solve problems and interprets and analyzes data to centrally drive performance improvement. Provides direction and support to ambulatory practice leadership in assessing, planning, implementing and sustaining change in the practices.
* Uses project management tools and techniques to ensure reliable, timely, and regular reporting of project status and implementation to project teams.
* Leads educational effort and workshops to disseminate knowledge to ambulatory practice leadership on how to improve ambulatory dashboard performance metrics.
* Provides leadership in developing and implementing projects. Works closely with senior administrators to facilitate the team's work and coordinate or manage the team's initiatives and projects.
* Manages multiple large and smaller complex projects simultaneously.
* Partners with sponsors and team leaders to strategize team project plans. Focuses on critical success factors, project milestones and deliverables and develops contingency plans.
* Leads project team meetings, including a review of action plans and tracking of project milestones. Updates action plans weekly and prompts accountable individuals to insure timely task completion. Supports activities of project teams and maintains accurate documentation of team minutes.
* Designs communication strategies for project progress. Ensures timely and consistent communication of project priorities, status, timelines, and deliverables to the user community.
* Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in Business or Healthcare preferred.
* 3-5 years related work experience required.
* Experience or training in project management.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* Experience in meeting facilitation and the ability to lead group discussions.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
* Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.