Project Manager- Business Transformation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/14/2019
END DATE 11/21/2019
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The MGPO Business Transformation Department is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston Massachusetts.
Working under the general direction of the Associate Director, Business Transformation Projects, the Project Manager is responsible for the management of multiple large scale MGPO/PBO projects. The Project Manager provides project management planning, tools, solutions and communications to MGPO/ PBO staff members and clients. The ability to manage expectations throughout the life cycle of projects is key to the success of this position. Service standards/goals are measured, including but not limited to: timeliness and quality of project/deliverables, comprehensive system validation, team member and client satisfaction, efficient implementation, comprehensive role-based training, etc.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
With limited oversight, the Project Manager manages project teams to achieve goals and complete assigned projects on time, within budget and with quality. The Project Manager is expected to be a self-starter who independently seeks out answers/information, but escalates issues when necessary, in a timely manner.
Utilizing current/industry standard Project Management methodologies and tools to create and oversee comprehensive project/business plans for all projects including development and implementation of the following elements:
* Project plan
* Implementation checklist
* Project charter
* Status report
* Agenda and minutes
* Post mortem
* Elevator speech
* Roles and responsibilities matrix
* Risk management plan
* Training and testing plans
* Work breakdown structure
* Go-live plan
* Policies and procedures
* Communication plan including status and reporting tools
* Manage Sponsors, stakeholder and project team member expectations with regard to project scope and feasibility
* Vendor management
* Provide training and technical leadership to other team members as well as mentoring junior project team members
* Oversee, direct and/or ensure efficient implementation of project/product across multiple practices with diverse specialties as well as participating on multi-disciplinary project teams across the organization
* Define, deploy and utilize a clear escalation plan/path as required by the project(s)
COMMUNICATION AND DOCUMENTATION
* Provide comprehensive project and meeting updates, product demos, product training, etc. to internal staff, external practices/clients, leadership, stakeholders, etc
* Create, maintain and distribute appropriate documentation for project management tracking and communication, training, policies and procedures, etc. Assist with the creation of job performance aides/references for all levels of users
STRATEGY AND ANALYSIS
* Strategize and determine client objectives
* Identify project opportunities
* Analyze key statistics and benchmarks for reporting/communication to leadership
* Lead and/or participate in system validation (testing) associated with key products/applications. Follow technical scripts and assess functionality meets business needs
The MGPO Business Transformation Department is located in the Charlestown Navy Yard.
The hours are usually Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM but vary according to the demands on this exempt salaried position
The work environment is very busy and dynamic
Staff is very collaborative and work together to solve issues with particular practice issues
There are often multiple conversations occurring at the same time the staff needs to be able to handle an environment that is not quiet
The Project Manager has no direct reports
The fiscal responsibility varies with project assignment
* Bachelors degree required, graduate degree preferred
* 5 years experience supporting and/or managing projects required, preferably in healthcare
* Project management skill set required
* Working knowledge of IT processes
* Ability to organize, facilitate, communicate and present information effectively with all levels of staff and management
* Experience at an academic medical facility preferred
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain relationships with providers, management, staff, vendors, etc.
* Demonstrate exceptional organizational/project management skills and attention to detail
* Ability to self-start and take responsibility for their own learning curve
* Able to grasp applications and high level technical information
* Requires excellent oral and written communications skills
* Work within specific timeframes to meet deadlines, but remain flexible and agile when necessary
* Handle challenging situations, evaluate circumstances, and make sound decisions
* Effectively facilitate meetings as needed
* Understanding of healthcare billing, finance and accounting principals (Revenue Cycle)
* Follow all PHI mandates and procedures as related to their job
* Team player
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook) required Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.