Project Manager - Electrical Transportation 8/21/2020
Los Alamitos, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us: Dynalectric/KDC Systems has been a recognized leader in the electrical traffic and transportation industry for the past five decades, contributing to some of the most important and recognizable traffic and transportation projects in Southern California and nationwide. Dynalectric is an EMCOR Company. EMCOR Group is the world's largest provider of planning, consulting, mechanical and electrical construction facilities.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Reports to: Transportation Division Manager
Job Location & Hours: Los Alamitos Office, M-F 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Frequent travel to field sites in the Greater Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, and San Benardino areas is required.
Job Summary: Dynalectric/KDC Systems is seeking a Sr. Project Manager with demonstrated project management experience in Electrical Traffic and Transportation Industry in both the public and private sector. The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for the leading, planning, coordination, and direction of construction projects to meet the business objectives of the Dynalectric/KDC Systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides daily administrative and technical management of the project, oversees and supports sub project teams to both internal and external team members
* Coordinates with vendors and subcontractors to assure competitive cost, best schedule and delivery for all project-related equipment, supply installations, and construction services
* Manages internal production and external vendors and subcontractors to ensure quality control and project delivery on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding customer expectations
* Ensures adherence to project budgets and schedules, providing updates and reporting risks or discrepancies to the Division Manager and during the budget review process monthly
* Maintain position as main point of contact for all client communications
* Work with project teams in supervising and mentoring staff and junior managers
* Understands project plans, drawing specifications, schedule, and identify the resources necessary to complete the project on time and within budget
* Ensures accurate and timely project documentation, including but not limited to, RFI's submittals, schedule updates, time records, supplemental work orders, change order pricing, and general project correspondence
* Coordinate with the Superintendent and Project Field Staff to determine project priorities regarding scheduling conflicts for labor and equipment.
* Adheres to the Company uniform project management procedures and cost accounting standards.
* Provide technical advice to both clients and employees working on assigned project.
* Fosters positive and effective team development and business relationships at all levels and project phase
* Enforce compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, safety standards and contracts
* Successfully complete (scope, schedule & budget) of projects under his/her direction
* 5 years of Project Management experience
* Understanding of Caltrans Specifications as well as Greenbook.
* Experience with Accubid, Live Count and Bluebeam (Preferred)
* Ability to scheduling and planning projects utilizing MS Project or Primavera
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel / Office
* Excellent written and verbal communication and team skills
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/V