Project Manager III 9/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req ID: 57361
Areas of Interest: Project Management
BOK Financial (BOKF), Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOK Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: BOKF) is a top 25 U.S.-based financial services holding company with operations in ten states Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas/Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska and Wisconsin. The company began more than 100 years ago in Tulsa and has successfully diversified into a variety of industries, businesses and geographies. .
We're building a culture at BOK Financial where amazing people (like you) can bring their best, be their best and work for the best. Combine your passion for innovation, our opportunity for growth, and a culture of teamwork in Project Management to grow your career with us.
About the Role
In this exciting and collaborative role, you will lead and manage many large, impactful and complex projects in the business or technology roadmap from start to finish to deliver high value solutions for the enterprise using Agile or waterfall methodologies. You will build strong relationships with IT and business partners to understand their needs and lead a team to deliver innovative technology solutions.
Technology investment is one of BOKF's corporate goals, and our framework has five key areas to help support our strong IT organization: (1) Strategy, (2) Project Execution, (3) Non-Stop Operations/Fiscal Discipline, (4) Process Improvement/Governance and (5) Talent.
What You Can Expect
You will review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and the necessary resources for each phase of the project. Establishing a work plan and staffing is critical to your success. You will arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel and formulate and define the technical scope and objectives in conjunction with project staff to outline the work plan.
You will identify and manage project dependencies and critical path items for project plans having multiple inter-dependencies such as departments, vendors and processes. You will negotiate with the project sponsor (senior management LOB) to ensure desired timelines and budget expectations are met while managing project risks. You'll be the liaison to both internal technology staff and vendors to ensure they understand the business requirements.
We 'Enable Business Success and Create Raving Fans', internally and externally. We participate in group learning and idea sharing, and we practice candid communication through our open-door policy. Problems are brought to the surface, and so are solutions; we're receptive to feedback and constructive criticism. We believe in personal and shared accountability. Project Management is 'One Team'.
We've created a fun, safe space for our team to brainstorm, ask questions, and find solutions. Everyone is encouraged to share their ideas for positive change, no matter what role or level. There is genuine care and concern for a job well done. If we can help each other achieve more, then it helps us all. Recognition, integrity, and the desire to help others are our winning combination. Empowering each other and mentoring are a common practice.
How You'll Spend Your Time
- You will work with IT partners and leaders across the bank.
- You will manage the weekly/monthly reporting process and help prepare information deliverables for the Project Management Office regarding progress toward project milestones.
- You will create, assess and accept status reports, change requests, schedule modifications or plans as required including quality assurance test plans and quality assurance testing, and requirements documentation to ensure project progression.
- You will manage/participate in ongoing integration efforts.
We'd Like to Talk to You if You Have These Hard & Soft Skills
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: You effectively prioritize tasks. Experience in project/change management is essential along with robust project financial management experience.
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS: You know the specifics of gathering requirements, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management.
- TECH SAVVY: Your curiosity will drive you to think deeply, rationally, and creatively.
- RESULTS ORIENTED: You are decisive, organized, and take initiative as you focus on the desired deliverables, while meeting and exceeding your goals.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDER: You relate to any audience and build trust by leveraging strong interpersonal skills and a high level of integrity and challenge appropriately to meet project objectives.
- COMMUNICATION: You express ideas clearly and concisely.
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE: You need to have the capacity to show empathy, recognize your own emotions and those of others to guide your behavior and make good decisions when you encounter a unique situation with business partners and coworkers.
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline with an information technology focus; 7-10 years of experience in project management which includes at least 3 years experience in the information technology or 13-16 years related business experience. Prior experience in financial services industry is preferred. Preference: PMP (Project Management Professional).
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!
Apply today and take the first step towards your next career opportunity!
BOK Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.