This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/19/2019
END DATE 2/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Facility Services Department (FSD) plans for and fulfills the operating and maintenance requirements for over 2M square feet of research, office, and related facilities; in pursuit of the Department's Mission: To enable research and development while providing stewardship of Lincoln Laboratory facilities. To achieve this, the facilities team focuses on providing a safe, clean, and effective environment for the Laboratory community, while maintaining and improving the infrastructure to enable evolving research.
The project management team directs and coordinates the planning, design, and execution of facility maintenance, renovation and alteration projects that support building maintenance, the changing needs of research activities, and facility modernization initiatives. The Facility Project Manager reports to the Project Management Lead and is responsible for all day-to-day project management activities for multiple assigned maintenance and construction projects, from inception through closeout.
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Serves as the primary project liaison with staff, facility user groups, facility operations and engineering teams, and other project stakeholders to ensure timely input of information, manages expectations, resolve conflicts and facilitates decisions.
* Establishes the project budget, and supports FSD's leadership in taking that budget through internal approvals. Guides stakeholder decisions to maintain approved scope, schedule, and budget.
* Collaborates with the Contract Services Department (CSD) for securing the professional services of architects, engineers and contractors. Prepares requests for proposals, and qualifications, invitations for bids, and other solicitation documents.
* Works closely with FSD leadership, Health and Safety, Security Services, and other key stakeholders to ensure compliance with all Laboratory policies, and guidelines.
* Coordinates submissions to jurisdictional authorities for project approvals and permitting. Ensures compliance with regulations, laws and all authorities having jurisdiction.
* Manages the project delivery process through the planning, design, construction, and closeout phases of building renovation and construction projects.
* In coordination with the project team and FSD/CSD leadership, selects the appropriate project delivery strategy.
* Manages; project conceptual planning, review of issues including design and construction planning, logistics, project safety, schedule, budget and constructability.
* Manages project quality control, and oversees contracts for all contractors, design/engineering consultants, internal design teams, site surveys, owner testing and additional specialty consulting as necessary
* Develops, maintains, and reports project schedules and budgets from planning through project closeout.
* Reviews and coordinates reviews of all submittals to ensure expeditious processing.
* Leads the owner's construction meetings to review construction progress, budget, and quality.
* Contributes to a professional team in the planning, design, regulatory approvals, construction, and transition of space in support of the FSD mission; fosters teamwork, excellence, respect, and accountability.
* Provides direct support to an assigned customer user group as the primary FSD point-of-contact, to align department activities with the research objectives. Builds a strong relationship with the customer representatives, supports the program initiation process, provides budget and project visibility, and focuses on building infrastructure needs.
* Education - a Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field (i.e. project, facilities, or construction management, engineering, architecture, etc.); a Master's degree is desirable.
* Experience - 15 years of related experience is required, appropriate certifications and exceptional work experience may substitute for up to 5 years of experience. Success negotiating and resolving complex issues as they arise is required. Proven successful application of analytical, financial, management and conceptual skills is required.
* Project or facility operations experience in semiconductor, microelectronic, biotech/ pharmaceutical cleanrooms; optical laser laboratories; cryogenic and chemical laboratories; and data center facilities is preferred.
* Facilities Management Certification (FMP) or a Project Management Professional (PMP) and additional certification are desirable. Training/experience with Primavera P6, AutoCAD, and SAP is preferred. Knowledge of various local. Stats, and federal codes and ordinances is required. Familiarity with the DoD Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) standards of design and construction is desirable
* Demonstrated performance managing multiple, simultaneous, facility construction projects is required; success on laboratory projects with budgets of $1M or more is highly desirable.
* A proven self-starter, with strong organization skills and attention to details, comfortable working with minimum direction; adaptable to changing organizational requirements and priorities and supportive of a diverse work force are requirements.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with others in diplomatic, tactful manner, while exercising sensitivity and discretion as needed is required.
For Benefits Information, click http://hrweb.mit.edu/benefits
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level DoD security clearance.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: [[id]]