Business Strategy Manager 10/31/2019
City National Bank
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
About City National Bank of Florida
Headquartered in Miami, City National Bank (CNB) is the financial institution to which Floridians have turned to for more than 70 years. With more than $15 billion in assets, CNB is one of the largest financial institutions based in the state. City National Bank is a subsidiary of Chilean bank, Banco de Credito e Inversiones (Bci), and remains a South Florida-based community bank with local decision-making. City National Bank is rated 5 stars "Superior" by BauerFinancial. CNB was voted Best Community Bank, Best Business Bank, Best Bank for Commercial Real Estate, Best Bank for Jumbo Loans, Best Private Bank and Best Foreign National Mortgage Lender by the readers of the Daily Business Review. CNB offers a diversified portfolio of financial products and services from Miami-Dade County to Central Florida.
The Business Strategy Manager is responsible for working with other Project Managers to manage bank-wide, multi-department initiatives using appropriate project management methodologies that provide consistency and frameworks focused on managing expectations of the sponsor and team. Identifies critical steps such as definition of scope, success, worst-case, budget, required resources, and develops schedules to ensure timely completion of projects. Understands project objectives, assembles project teams, works closely with third-party vendors on co-managed projects, defines and motivates team members roles and functions to effectively coordinate the activities of the team to achieve objectives and is responsible for the overall success of assigned projects. This position will hold a high level of responsibility of implementing project management strategies for the Bank.
* Five years of recent practical experience as a consultant or Project Manager working at a financial institution.
* Strong financial analytical ability required.
* Proven project management still required, including ability to lead cross-functional teams, to build consensus, identify and resolve issues.
* Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate comfortably and at appropriate level of summary and detail across multiple Bank levels.
* Strong business acumen to relate project scope to business outcomes.
* Critical thinking for problem solving and concise and effective management reporting.
* Highly organized with excellent analytical, communication and project leadership skills.
* Effective problem solving, presentation and coaching skills.
* Proficiency in MS Project (or other project management software), and all other MS Office skills a plus.
* PMP or Six Sigma certification is preferred.
* Hands on experience in Technical Design and Development, Web, CRM, System Integration, IT architecture, and Digital Marketing.
* Experience managing and supporting strategic initiatives and projects, as well as, implementing successful strategies.
* Experience working with senior management in strategy development and value creation in a Corporate environment.
* Comfortable leading multilateral workstreams and maintaining a close understanding of the overarching strategy.
* Have an open attitude toward sharing ideas and knowledge.
* A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership and the lead in managing the delivery end-to-end and having the determination to follow things through to successful completion.
* Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation, presentation and creation, review and approval of documentation appropriate to the audience (e.g. end users as well as senior management team).
* The ability to shift perspective from high level 'Big Picture' to low-level detail.
* Good prioritizing and time management skills.
* The ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately.
* The ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline.
* The ability to work within a large team independently as well as part of a team.
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member.
* A self-confident and authoritative manner
* Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
* Reasonable accommodation may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to complete the online application process. Please contact our Human Resources Department at 305-577-7680 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.