Project Manager 7/24/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
51940 Job Category:
Operations Position Type:
Full-Time Positions Available:
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Project Manager with Electric Substation and/or Transmission Line experience to be based out of our Client office in the Boston MA area.
Fundamental to our Plan is to consistently exceed our utility client s expectations by providing flawless engineering and project management services. Critical to the success of this position will be to demonstrate proven experience and relationships with project owners supporting utility capital improvement projects.
In a team capacity this candidate will be managing Substation and Transmission Line and related projects for a large utility in Eastern Massachusetts.
The scope of this position is to provide project management consulting expertise for varied substation and transmission line projects located in New England.
Specific Project Management duties would include:
* Project Team leadership
* Completion of projects with best balance of scope, cost, and schedule
* Adhering to Utility Company Project Management processes for assigned projects
Experience in project management, budgeting, forecasting and scheduling.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and issues simultaneously.
* Knowledge of/ability to develop proficiency with Utility Company s business operations, company policies and practices.
* Knowledge of/ability to develop proficiency with Utility Company s business and project management software applications
* Accurate record keeping for all project management activities.
* Experience with Primavera P6 in order to maintain accurate, detailed project schedules.
* Knowledge of MS Office suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Ability to prepare for, and attend project meetings as required, with Utility Company personnel in order to plan for project execution. Conference calls will be used as much as practical.
* Responsible for scheduling and resource planning their individual projects. When necessary, this may require additional approval of scope, cost estimate, schedule, and resource plan as per Utility Company s sanction processes.
* Maintain and update financial forecasts and project(s) schedules on a monthly basis or more frequently, as required.
* Oversee the acquisition of necessary equipment to take project through to execution.
* Oversee and obtain any necessary permits, licenses, and land rights associated with their assigned project(s).
* Maintain a good working relationship and interface with other Utility Company departments including; Asset Planning, Resource Planning, Engineering, Construction, Operations, Procurement and Protection/Commissioning.
* Work from the Utility Company office, and travel to project sites as required.
* Compliance with environmental, safety, and other Utility Company standards and policies
* 7+ years experience in electric operations engineering, project management, utility construction or equivalent relevant experience.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
* PE License preferred
* Proven experience and reputation with major utility company or utility consultant preferred
* Bachelor s degree required in an Engineering discipline and/or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience in all aspects of utility electric construction operations.
* Master s degree in engineering discipline, MBA or relevant equivalent experience.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.