Project Manager - Water/Wastewater 6/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Description
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a Best Firm to Work For by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a Best Firm to Work For by CE News. We offer a workplace ripe with rewarding opportunities while cultivating a healthy work-life balance. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. Take a closer look at all that makes Timmons Group unique: diverse talents, challenging assignments, interesting projects, culture of learning and a flexible family-friendly work environment. Competitive salaries and a generous benefits package strengthen the advantages we offer. For more information, visit: www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our Water/Wastewater group in our Raleigh, NC office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
* The Project Manager is responsible for the successful management of assigned projects and the development of assigned client accounts
* Responsible for marketing and client development, technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications, negotiating scopes and fees, billing and assistance in collection of fees when required, client follow-up maintenance
* The Project Manager must: maintain superior relationships with each of his/her clients and cross-sell Timmons Group services which may fall outside of his/her direct professional expertise, and ongoing communication with the Group Leader
* An ability to manage several mid-sized projects, multiple small projects or a single larger project simultaneously is required
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
* A Bachelor's or Master s degree in Civil Engineering with equivalent work experience and professional registration (P.E.) in North Carolina, and/or one or more states in which Timmons Group conducts business
* 6 to 10 years of experience in civil engineering related to Water/Wastewater or Infrastructure markets
* The successful candidate will design/manage portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and CADD technology, and complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilize computers in order to solve problems
* Prepare specification materials through the use of research and equipment catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project
* Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates
* Communicates effectively with client, staff and internal design team
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.