Project/Policy Analyst 4 (7399U) , SAIT #5415 2/1/2020
University of California-Berkeley
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Project/Policy Analyst 4 (7399U) , SAIT #5415
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world s leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: February 12, 2020
For full consideration, please submit your application by February 28, 2020. This job will remain posted until filled.
Student Affairs Information Technologies (SAIT)
SAIT provides technology leadership and support to the Division of Student Affairs; technical support, education, and hands-on learning and leadership opportunities for students; and student advocacy and engagement in campus technology development. Our deep knowledge and understanding of our students' and staff needs, coupled with our technical expertise, makes SAIT a trusted partner, committed to an excellent student experience. Our dedication, responsiveness, and commitment equip us to meet our customers evolving demands as we work collaboratively to serve students.The SAIT organization consists of 31 full-time career staff and over 80 part-time student staff, distributed across Development & Operations, Strategic Initiatives, Information Security, Technical Project & Portfolio Management, and Student Technologies.
Student Technologies are provided through a unique student leadership model in which technical services are delivered by students, for students, in close collaboration with career staff managers. Our nationally-recognized student IT leadership program allows us to provide many of our services while training student employees and preparing them for professional roles after graduation. Student Technologies provides IT services to students campus-wide. These services include support for students' personally owned devices, assistance locating and navigating computing resources available on campus, residence hall network support, information security awareness and education, management of residence hall computing labs, Student Technology Council advising, and strategic leadership on new campus-wide student initiatives.
Reporting to the Director of Student Technologies, the Project/Policy Analyst 4 conducts analytical studies on a variety of policies, projects, programs and issues in support of the IT student leadership and employment program; assists in policy and program planning, development and administration; interprets, monitors and analyzes information regarding policies and procedures; and provides consultative services regarding student recruitment, selection, hiring, and training to department administrators.
This position is an exciting opportunity to be part of an inclusive workplace environment where staff contribute their diverse skills, perspectives and experiences toward achieving the mission of the world s best public university. Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are more than just suggestions for us. They are the guiding principles underlying how we come together, develop leaders at all levels of the organization, and create an environment that unites us. We affirm the dignity of all individuals, call upon our leaders to address critical issues with integrity and intention, respect our differences as well as our commonalities, and strive to uphold a just community free from discrimination and hate.
Student Technologies Program/Policy Analysis
* Provides highly complex analyses across a broad spectrum of programs, policies and initiatives or provides in-depth, complex analyses as a specialist in one policy field.
* Develops and coordinates policy communications; formulates strategies for education and enforcement.
* Develops and advocates solutions to system issues, including developing and administering new systems, policies, processes, or programs.
* Provides analyses for complex budget, financial, academic, data, systems and resource projects working directly with all levels of managers.
* Proposes, leads and/or participates on policy and planning committees and working groups. Researches and summarizes best practices in field.
* Develops proposals and recommendations to guide and support a broader strategic direction for the organization.
Strategic Policy Leadership
* Develops and presents complex proposals and/or business plans on a broad range of issues to include problem identification, costs, benefits and options.
* Leads and directs a wide variety of projects and follows through with all levels of staff and individuals inside and outside the organization.
* Guides and directs planning which may include senior campus management, faculty, and/or external constituencies.
* Makes high level contacts of a sensitive nature, internally and externally requiring discretion and diplomacy in order to negotiate with or persuade officials to adopt proposed solutions.
* Maintains a positive relationship with other departments and personnel that will assist in the development, funding, promotion, and/or public relations of the Division of Student Affairs and SAIT. Supports the success and objectives of SAIT.
Student IT Leadership Development
* Provides ongoing analytical support and content leadership in developing and sustaining a strong student leadership program within Student Technologies.
* Hires, trains and supervises a student team to perform direct outreach, marketing and communications functions in support of the Student Technology Services program.
* Participates in the annual cycle of student recruitment, hiring and training.
* Identifies and selects training opportunities for professional development. Participates in cross-functional group discussions, activities, and other training efforts. Contributes to building and maintaining an inclusive and high-performing workplace culture.
* Adheres to University and departmental policies, procedures, and professional practices as well as city, state, and federal laws. Completes all required University and departmental training *