Project Specialist 5/6/2020
Buckeye Partners L.P.
Port Reading, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ROLE SUMMARY:
The Project Specialist role is responsible for supervising and coordinating construction and inspection of pipeline projects and related facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* FIELD OPERATIONS. Supervising and inspecting pipeline construction, maintenance and repair activities. Project facilities include pipeline, terminal, meter stations, pump stations and truck rack facilities with multiple disciplines consisting of survey and civil, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation construction.
* SCHEDULING. Scheduling and coordinating construction work with field operations, the control center, scheduling, contractors, local, state and federal regulatory agencies and property owners.
* DOCUMENTATION. Preparing construction documentation records, such as time and material sheets, as-built drawings, purchase orders, work orders, hydrotest documentation, non-destructive testing reports, and equipment tagging, etc.
* CONTRACTOR MANAGEMENT. Ensuring that all contractors complete applicable Buckeye safety training, provide applicable insurance certification and operator qualification documentation and follow Buckeye safety policies.
* And other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering OR equivalent combination of education and related work experience required.
* 5+ years related experience in pipeline and/or terminal construction, maintenance and inspection required in lieu of engineering degree.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
* None required
OTHER SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES:
* In order to be successful in this position, one must possess a strong mechanical aptitude and excellent analytical skills.
* This position requires someone who can work well under pressure and has a strong commitment to safety.
PHYSICAL & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
* HazMat Technician training desired.
* The incumbent will spend time in the field, thereby being exposed to adverse weather conditions and hazardous environments. Must have the physical stamina to climb tanks, work long hours in the field and wear a respirator.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Send This Job to a Friend